[OBSOLETE] Smart Alarm Updates

Not enabled OAuth was my conclusion too.
Client id and client secret could be printed in the log or listed in a state variable.

I didn’t know you could access them programmatically. Please share if you know how to.

You need app.id and call createAccessToken() that puts a token into state.accessToken.

How did you do that before? Let me see.

I misspoke. You already doing it this way.

I don’t think you need the secret and client id. I think all that’s missing is to enable OAuth on this SmartApp.

But of course you need the client id and secret. It’s too early in the morning.

1 Like

Exactly. For the self-published apps they appear on the app properties page in the IDE when you enable OAuth. But where are they for the published apps?

@geko, With regards to client id and secret, it’s interesting what happens when you have multiple instances of the same app installed. Any ideas?

If I understand correctly, Client ID and Client Secret are used for automatic installation of the smart app through OAuth process, i.e. the user does not install the app explicitly, it is installed for them automagically. This is how IFTTT app is installed, for example. This implies that you can only have one instance of the app installed. You can’t have multiple IFTTT apps installed, can you?

No, but you can have multiple instances of Smart Alarm.

I think Oauth is toasted for this app.

It appears so for a published version, but one can always self-publish it from the Github.

1 Like

Hey guys, I tried to set up the alarm last night using the code that ST published, not the one from github, but noticed a multitude of extra notifications, plus the Sonos integration didn’t work. Should I use the github, or the ST published app has the latest code?

Forgive my ignorance, but is there an ability for a PIN lock code on this app yet? I want to use an HP Stream 7 tablet mounted on the wall as my security system panel using this app, but if it’s just always available obviously that won’t work. Any way to get a PIN lock for this scenario?

1 Like

You can use tasker as a locking mechanism.

1 Like

@jjhtpc I want to do the same thing with a pin on my kindle fire! Any luck?

Pretty easy:

1. You have to have a pin screen lock setup on your device
  2. Open Tasker
  3. Create New task (name it what you like)
  4. Add new action: Select Display --> System Lock
  5. Run it and verify it works
  6. Download a picture of a lock
  7. Set the picture of the lock as the picture for your task
  8. Add a new task widget to your home screen selecting the lock task

That should do it. I also us @joshua_lyon sharptools and created tasker widgets for arm and disarm. I chose red and green shield icons for these. These apps change mode to away and home.

So my arm sequence when I leave the house is to Arm by pressing the red shield and then lock the screen. When I enter in away mode the tablet tells me via voice to speech to disarm the alarm and I then unlock and press the green shield.

3 Likes

@april, @mager, do you guys have any advise? Should OAuth be disabled in Smart Alarm, or is it possible to make it work somehow? Thanks.

Hey I found a minor issue in the code.

I reported it on github

https://github.com/statusbits/smartalarm/issues/42

FANTASTIC SmartApp by the way!

I am using smart alarm in Panama. This may be a silly question but how would I put in my phone number for text notifications. Honestly I have no idea how smartthings even connects to cellular systems. Do I need to include country code? Could you explain this please.

Any exterior zone (don’t know if it affects interior zones) that has the entry /exit delay turned on, will not arm in stay mode when the option to bypass the entry/exit delay while in stay mode is on/enabled. This is causing my front and back door not to arm when in stay. Unless I turn off the delay on the zones or I turn off the delay bypass option for stay mode, they don’t arm when I go into stay mode.

I have noticed the same thing. If I create a zone and set it to arm away I don’t have this problem. But then I have to turn the entry/exit delay off completely for the exterior doors in the zone.

1 Like