Smart Alarm 2.4 Is Available

Yeah, that would be a pain. These are really meant for the non-dimmable lights and/or hardwired sirens.

This was fixed in version 2.2.5.

1 Like

Does Smart Alarm poll the contact sensors when it is armed? I would really like to get a message saying “xx door is open” when it arms. I already have notifications for when a door is left open more than X amount of time, but sometimes (especially during the summer) doors will be left open while working in the yard or something and I want that flagged when the alarm is armed so I can close them up before we leave. Of course, I can look at the app to see the status, but getting my wife to do that reliably has a slim/no chance of success.

No, not currently. It’s on to-do list.

2 Likes

@geko
Would it be possible to flash the on/off switches to coincide with the siren going off?

This way my neighbours may be alerted?

There’s an app called “The Flasher” in the Convenience section that can flash lights when a switch is turned on. You can have Smart Alarm turn on a switch and the Flasher will do the flashing.

@geko I’m testing the latest version of Smart Alarm and it will go to code review this week.

I’m still having problems with Smart Alarm (v2.2.5) not dis-arming properly. Today the house was unlocked (while the Smart Alarm was armed) by entering a code in our Schlage lock on the front door. My SmartApp “Set Home Mode When Unlocked With Code” properly set the mode to “Home” (1st image). Soon thereafter we got an Alarm Home message for the front door sensor and two motion sensors (Smart Alarm was apparently still armed). When the alarm alert came in my wife opened the app on her phone and tapped “I’m Back!”. Which apparently and inexplicably set the alarm again even though the mode was already “Home” (2nd & 3rd images).
When I opened up the app I verified that the mode was set to “Home”, I then opened the Smart Alarm SmartApp and it said that the status of all zones was “Armed Away”. I tried to reselect the Home mode but of course that didn’t do anything. Finally when I entered and then exited the Smart Alarm app by hitting the Done button and it appeared to reload and then dis-armed the alarm.
The interesting thing is that on the notification screen (see below) it said that it had disarmed the alarm when in fact it had not.

There are a couple of interesting things here: 1) Why didn’t Smart Alarm disarm when the mode changed to Home? 2) I have an entrance delay of 30 seconds set but it still alarmed the front door. 3) Why did running I’m Back set the alarm again?

Cheers,
Mark

I’ve seen a couple of similar reports (see https://github.com/statusbits/smartalarm/issues/20). This issue is not 100% reproducible, i.e. it’s a transient error. Somebody made a suggestion that it could be a race condition, but I’m not convinced.

As you pointed out, Smart Alarm does send “disarmed” notification, yet it does not actually disarms itself. That’s why the alarm goes off (at 3:57) and it re-arms itself 3 minutes after the alarm (at 4:01), ignoring the fact that the mode is set to “Home”. This is clearly not a race condition, but looks more like internal state synchronization issue. I’m investigating.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve got three sirens, but I’m not setting them up with Smart Alarm until we get everything working A-OK.

Donated on GitHub to help spur on your efforts :slight_smile: Would you prefer we post issues here or there?

2 Likes

Thank you for your support. I prefer Github, but forums are fine too.

hi folks - any progress? looking forward to using…

The next Smart Alarm release is delayed because of some recent changes in the SmartThings API that broke existing apps. See for example:

I have found the Flasher app does not always trigger the lights when the Alarm is triggered…

I Love Smart Alarm Geko!!
Would you be releasing the new version in the next week or so?

My SmartAlarm has not always been disarming like it should the last couple of days. Hello Home shows the ST mode change but SmartAlarm stays in the previous setting.

Thanks

You’re in good company. I submitted a trouble ticket last week with detailed timelines of the glitches, gaps, and surprised family members and haven’t heard anything. I recommend you submit one as well so the breadth of the issue is well reported.

I have uninstalled mine for now until things settle down. Mine went on a arming loop.

Is SmartAlarm officially supported by ST now?

This sucks…I just started getting the “not disarming” issue today. Bad timing, I just setup an Android tablet specifically for Smart Alarm. I showed my wife how to use it and now this happens :frowning: I also just received 2 more door sensors.

I really wish there was a better way for ST to update without breaking existing apps, especially one as popular as this one.

1 Like