Smart air vents

The EV200 series will be available for purchase in March of this year, 2015. We have not confirmed the list price yet but likely start at $75.00 as an introduction price.

I would like to check out your SmartApp. i ordered one of the older vents for my cottage inside of my garage. I am planning to order some of the newly designed vents when they become available this month.

Our SmartThings app/apps that will support EV100/EV200 control base on temperature, room occupancy or schedule is still in development. We will make a beta version available soon. In the mean time, the SmatThings “Virtual Thermostat” app. is already available and it does a pretty good job for vent control based on temperature. Regarding the EV200, it has just been release to production and we expect units in house the end of March. We will be accepting advanced orders later this week for the 4x10 version. A video/demo of the new EV100 is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjW33fCHTPg

Another user in need of the square vents here. Would really like to see them before 2016.

What size do you require? Can you send me a link showing the type/size your require? (Home Depot?) We will add this model to the list for consideration later this year. Thanks for the input.

Those of you following this topic may be interested in the fixes I’ve added to the Econet Vent SmartDevice, discussed here:

Im confused by this. I have 5 EcoNet devices and they work perfectly with the VirtualThermostat app. They also immediately show state. They do have to go to 0% open before going to some intermediate setting, but I never use this, I either send full on or full off. ST identified them as vents immediately upon pairing, complete with little vent icons. Am I missing something?

For those of you concerned about the stress that shutting down vents will cause on your system check out this great video on how to install a mechanical bypass damper. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20504377,00.html

It is easy to install and you won’t have to worry about the logic of how many vents you can close at any given time.

Great video. I have 25 vents in my house and I have 5 econet vents. The other 20 are wide open so even if all 5 of mine are closed its not an issue. Keen vents address this with pressure gauges on the vents which is also a good idea.

1 Like

Mine are 12x12 vents, about 8 yrs old. Looking at Home Depot, this looks like the current version (number of screw holes is the only noticeable difference).

http://t.homedepot.com/p/TruAire-12-in-x-12-in-4-Way-Wall-Ceiling-Register-H104M-12X12/202520916/

Indeed Kenny, if you only use full on or full off the stock driver is probably fine.

My application uses different open %, and the stock driver isn’t updating after setLevel commands.

That said, I doubt that your icons are changing between full on and full off - the color changes, but it still says On, I suspect. My driver fixes this also.

But, hey - If you are happy, who am I?

Mine say open and closed correctly.

Probably due to your using just off/on commands instead of setLevel percentages.

Or perhaps the actual SmartDevice driver published by ST is different from the source code template in the IDE.

In any event, I heard from Econet last night that my edits were being evaluated for inclusion in a future update.

That is great to hear.

We have added the 12x12 for consideration later this year. Thanks for the link.

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Any update on EV200 availability? I looked on the website and couldn’t find anything for the EV200.

As you may have seen from the videos posted on our EcoNetControls site, we have working units, but it is going to be another few weeks while we tweak the firmware and deal with certifications and approvals. Sorry for the delay. The EV200 4x10 in a few weeks to be followed by the 6x10, and so on from there with a new size about every 2-3 months.

Thanks Blake. Any chance you guys can add something to your website to get on a mailing list or receive a notice when availability hits?

1 Like

Hmm, good idea. I will look into adding mailing list option to our site. In the mean time I will post related updates here (SmartThings Community) and through our twitter account @EcoNetControls.com

2 Likes