Skydrop down to $99.00

I bought from Amazon when they dropped to 109. Saw the few comments about the fee and couldn’t find any wider confirm there was a sub coming except for a few subsidized municipalities. Now with all these other price cuts and comments here on the fee, and seeing my price wasn’t just for black Friday, it’s making me nervous. Considering returning since I can’t install and use till spring anyway and see what unfolds.

Skydrop has no plus subscription or app fee…I’ve been using it for a month now. Works great. They do have a few updates they are working on, as I noticed some differences between the web interface and the mobile app (and reported the issues). Nothing critical though. My local water district paid for 50% of the cost (rebate to my water bill), but only because Skydrop can specify different grasses (warm season versus cold season…different watering needs). Some watering solutions don’t have this (like Spruce).

On sale again for 150 in North Smithfield originally priced at 300. Just a heads up. Maybe on sale other places as well.

Looks like I missed out on my local ones being marked down :frowning: They were $100 with 6 in stock and it said the sale went until November 2017. I was hoping they’d drop more to clear them out, but jsut checked and they are back up to $250. They’re $125 on Amazon.

Check on eBay… you’ll find some as ‘store returns’ that are likely brand new. For instance, I got mine for $25 because the ring was broken. Lucky for me it wasn’t broken… it just came apart and they couldnt’ figure out how to put it back together. The unit booted up and looked as if it had never been turned on.

Overall the unit has been nice but the WiFi antenna in it is less than desirable… mine will go through phases where it needs to be rebooted every few days because it loses connection to their service. One of these days I’ll finish the ‘move the sprinkler controller’ project so it doesn’t have to go through two brick walls to get a signal (its in a corner that goes outwards). As another user posted, there are often discrepancies between the mobile app and the website but they have gotten much better about it. Last I knew the iOS app was still not iPad friendly but that could have changed.

Would I buy it again? Sure but only if it was cheap… If I’m going full price I’d have to seriously consider other controllers first.

I just ordered one from Lowes for $99 with $15 off $50 and there are a number of stores that will ship them. So I got it for $90 shipped. There were enough stores that had them at that price that I was able to order from a close store (but far enough I don’t want to really drive there) so hopefully they won’t cancel the order.