Skybell integration

Yes, so you also cannot find SkyBell HD anywhere in the mobile App.

Where or what do you mean by you found the device handler on graph IDE?

Btw, I have returned my SkyBell HD to TopSolute for repair.
I have had bad picture quality since day 1, and even after getting new access point closer to the skybell and with 20 mbit upload on my phone next to it, it continues to have low bitrate.
The videos I can download from my phone IS 1080p, BUT when 20 seconds is only 2 MB, then you have low bitrate.
I hope it’s a hardware defect they can fix, so I can get similar picture quality as shown in demonstration videos.

[image: pasted1]

On the IDE. Somehow i think there must definitely be a way to get this
working
 I just need to know the right information to key in

Yes, you right. In IDE you can create a new device and select SkyBell HD has the type.

What we are missing is the step in the normal “connect Skybell to smartthings” where you connect the SkyBell account to smartthings. I have no idea how to do that if we cannot add the SkyBell from within the SmartThings app.

Tap SkyBell HD
Tap Connect Now
Tap the field that says Click to connect your SkyBell account
Tap Done

Would really like to see a switch made for motion sensor on/off like the chimes. It’s super annoying constantly getting motion activity alerts when I’m home and going in/out of the front door. If there was a toggle for this then I could add it to my home/away routines to only be on when no one is home.

Hi

I have a skybell HD and is well integrated in smartthings, the smart app works great and so does the ios app. My question is is there a way to modify the smartapp in such a way that it has another “standard tile” which could be mapped to a door lock (like a yale zigbee smart lock) so that while being on the skybell smart app i could unlock the door without going to a different screen on smarththings mobile app?

Appreciate your help, BTW i installed the skybell yesterday and it works great for now.

Thanks

I installed a Skybell HD yesterday and it seems to work well. I imagine both Ring and Skybell have problems in the same areas, those being power at the button location and wifi at the doorbell location. My doorbell is behind stucco and stone walls which play havoc on wifi signal. Short of having an access point on the other side of the wall, a video doorbell would be a no go (I think people don’t realize that full bars of signal on a consumer wifi router is not necessarily a good connection). Also the low voltage connection has to be a constant issue for the video doorbells.

The Smartthings integration is subpar, but what else is new.

I have my fingers crossed that I do not have problems people describe.

This is total B.S. If you don’t have the ability to view video or use the intercom - in other words, be able to use the same functionality that your propriety app has, then it’s not really connected. The only reason I went with SkyBell HD was because it was supposed to work with it (not just be seen by it an maybe trigger a few things). Extremely frustrating and misleading.

I concur with you on that, the other thing i would have liked to see an option to add a lock on the same screen, so that i could UNLOCK the door using the same screen, rather than go to a new screen to achieve that functionality.

Hi Andrew

I have a skybell HD and is well integrated in smartthings, the smart app works great and so does the ios app. My question is is there a way to modify the smartapp in such a way that it has another “standard tile” which could be mapped to a door lock (like a yale zigbee smart lock) so that while being on the skybell smart app i could unlock the door without going to a different screen on smarththings mobile app?

Appreciate your help, BTW i installed the skybell yesterday and it works great for now.

Thanks

I have the Ring Pro. I understand your point. However, the ST app will never be as good as the proprietary app (IMO). Even thermostats, ecobee in my case, I have them integrated, but I much prefer interacting with them via the ecobee app over ST. ST is too slow and clunky. I have them integrated for automations, not direct control.

I do like the ability to trigger automations with the doorbell.

This is really irritating. I have just (today) received my skybell HD only to find out that there is no integration with smart things in the U.K. (even though it says there is). Instead, there are menu options for RING.

Skybell / Smart things please can someone speak up.
This is the ONLY reason why I bought this in preference to Ring and will be returning it if there are regional variations (as seem to be the norm with all things Smartthings).

This is very misleading.

Have you got your device repaired yet? I got one today and the video quality is sub par (to say the least)
Are they (Topsolute) responsive?
And what are you doing for a bell while they fix the defective unit?

@SkyBellAndrew - based on some posts dotted around here, there seems to be a quality control issue. What are your plans to address this?

The fact that there does not seem to be smartthings integration in the UK, is my biggest frustration (after the fact that it is probably defective, VERY laggy for notifications and a rip off comparing the Dollar price).
How have you now got it to integrate with the Smartthings ecosystem?

Hi
Yes, I got a replacement from topsolute and now the quality is much much better. They were pretty responsive yes. I think I had to return the old one first, and they sent a new one few days they received it.

The lack of integration is very irritating yes. Instead of asking here, you should make a Ticket with the Skybell support. That is the much more official way of getting them to talk.

I have for now setteled on the following.
On my own phone I only get notification when button is pushed.
In my kitchen I have a dashboard (Nexus 7) in a frame, with SmartTiles. On this Skybell app is installed. So when there is either motion or button is pushed, I’m using Tasker and a plugin, to see the notification from Skybell, that then triggers the Skybeel app to beopened and then Tasker presses the “View” button. So when some one is outside and pushed the button the live feed will appear on my dashboard without I have to push anything.
That was my second solution. It seems to work every time, but it’s slow to open the app, wait for the frontpage to open to push the View-button.

My first solution for a longer time, was again to use Tasker, but to “push” the notification from Skybell, because that jumps directly into Live View mode. BUT I have sadly found that 30% of the times it fails, getting the “No connection / feed available” or something like that. So this solution is faster but not stabile.

Thanks for that.
How did you get in touch with Topsolute? I, sadly have not had a positive
experience with them.

I have had to reset my device twice now as it became totally unresponsive.

As an update, I have been chatting with the SkyBell CTO (Jeremy) about the
integration as they were unaware that the US developer site is not linked
to the other regions and they need to get the integration migrated over for
it to work here.

This explains why there has been no direct answer to the query as they were
not aware that we see a different portal from the users in the States.
I had this before with another integration and resorted to publishing a
custom code to my device (relatively simple if SkyBell publishes the code).

I wrote with them on support@topsolute.com.

But in my case I started by opening af ticket with SkyBell, but when they discovered I bought it from topsolute, they forwareded my mail to topsolute. I dont know if that brought me more attention.

Thanks for the update

Go with Ring over Skybell. Much better quality and a much nicer company. I placed an order with Skybell for their new model and they abruptly cancelled it without any reason on the automated email. Took seven days to get an email response saying it was fraudulent activity and I would need to email this guy’s personal email to get my credit card verified. Sketch city. Couldn’t believe how poorly they operate.

I am probably doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to get my Z-Wave door chime to ring when Skybell HD is pressed. I have it properly integrated, and Skybell HD rings the door chime when it senses motion. I am trying to set up a “New Lighting Automation” in the “Smart Lighting” app. I am using the Skybell HD switch, expecting it to turn on when the button is pressed. Is that assumption in error? Has anyone been able to, say, turn on a light when the doorbell is pressed?

I was only able to get my Zooz Smart Chime to trigger of a Skybell HD button press by using a CoRE Piston, just like @BatraD indicated. Found another thread that said the button number is missing in the Skybell HD button press event, which may explain why it is not working in standard SmartApps. I left a message with @SkyBell-Support asking for clarification.

Just curious if anyone has tried to get the skybell outdoor chime to sound based on motion. Maybe using WebCore, or some other integration. My front porch is very open. I use the motion sensor to trigger lights outside at night, but thought that an extra “Ding” would be a good way of reminding people “Hey!!!, you’re on Camera” But I don’t want my indoor chime to go off.

Leaning towards Skybell. How is going for the rest? Integration working good?