Sinope Zigbee Thermostat (Edge Driver): Outside Temperature?

Same model.

@jamer007: Does the Display feels like works for Canadian Weather (Environnement Canada)? Even if I check it, the temperature is always the same (actually it’s 2°C, but feels like -2°C based on Accuweather).

Also, I don’t know if you mentioned it somewhere, but the parameter to the API is the Latitude,Longitude of the city.

Regards.

Dear @jamer007 and everyone,

Any new developments on this? Have many people been able to get this driver working? After updating the firmware of my TH1300ZB, I began receiving power meter information from the @jamer007 driver! However, I still cannot receive data from AccuWeather. I know that my Edge Bridge server is working because I’m using it for other things in SmartThings. But I haven’t seen any attempts from this driver to reach the Edge Bridge.

I was also in the same situation. Driver was fine, but still could not get the temp or the time. So I gave up, and just bought the $90 Sinope Neviweb gateway device. Sucks to have yet another hub in the house, but once i paired the zigbee thermostat to the gateway, it worked as designed.

The only problem I know have, is that I can link the Neviweb gateway a a “linked service” successfully in Smartthings, but the it says “no devices”. So I can’t control teh thermostat via any Smartthings automations or routines. Oh well.

I have too many devices connected and operating in SmartThings that interact with my thermostats to accept bringing them to the neviweb gateway device. Clearly, this is not an option for me. I have faith in @jamer007 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately no the feel likes is not provided by Environnement Canada, so even if you select feels like it will not find any data and fallback to the real temperature.

Hi @jsdecarie, sorry for my late answer,
for the accuWeather source type, because i haven’t an accuWeather paid account i kind of found a workaround, I’ve recreated an API that is able to fetch the weather from accu weather website and serve it like the real accu weather API, it is working on my side, but seeing your comment my clone API is maybe not replicating well the real api. Do you have a paid AccuWeather account? you can reach me by PM, we could maybe work together to fix this issue :slight_smile:

I faced the same issue, with the zigbee gateway from sinope i am not able to get the device in smartthings :confused:

On my side it was working fine with the first version of the driver (Before C and F and accuweather changes). Now I cannot get the outside temperature working on my TH1300ZB. (Using Canadian Weather API(Jamer007)

Tried using logcat, not a lot of info showing.

Any way to get access to the old driver. @jamer007