Since the Somfy ZRTSI isn't available in Europe

Ok… Scratch that!

I’ve got the Telis 16 remote… And!!!

There are a few suspicious connectors on the back…

Ideas?

I have purchase the RFXcom 443MHz transceiver ( http://www.rfxcom.com/store/Transceivers/14103 ) and hooked that up to a Raspberry Pi2 to control my Somfy-powered blinds and screen, and that is working like a charm.

Now if only we could use this transceiver with the ST hub… Any plans for supporting this very interesting device?

Or if all else fails, being able to send commands from the ST hub to the Domoticz server running on the RPi to control the blinds?

Revisiting this thread again…

Anyone manage to get the ZRTS to work with European Somfy blinds? My understanding is that there is no reason why this shouldn’t work if the ST hub by default uses North America Z-waves and the RTS protocol is the same for US and Europe.

Please let me know!

I have hooked up my RFXcom tranceiver to my RPi running Domoticz, and am controlling that through SmartThings. That at least works.

Please tell us how you did it! Lol! Code and all? I’m new to domoticz. …

Check out this topic:

1 Like

Verified! The Somfy ZRTSI RTS 16 works seamlessly with European Somfy blinds through the ST Hub.

Is your ST Hub European or US?

US version.

That means you are communicating with the zrtsi-receiver through US Z-wave frequencies I guess? Do you know if Logitech Harmony’s z-wave hub would be able to do the same? I’d like to connect my Somfy motors to my Harmony Elite.

Should be completely fine if your Harmony’s Z-Wave hub works on the US frequency (i.e., purchased in the US).

I am in EU and need to control my Somfy blinds via ST. Can you advise what device handler you used for the RFXcom tranceiver please?

1 Like

raspberry + domoticz + RFXcom USB device… that’s the cheap answer in Europe… You could always go the Somfy way… lot more expensive though…

What is the Somfy way?

Tahoma box… 400€ if I’m not mistaken…

But using a US ST hub I guess?

No I live in EU so I purchased my blind and ST hub in the EU which means that they will both be running on the EU zwave frequency.

Is the Somfy Tahoma box directly controllable from Smartthings?

A Somfy Tahoma ST Device handler is available here:

https://github.com/jbtibor/SmartThings/tree/master/Somfy/TaHoma

The other option is to get a Somfy Universal RTS Interface and pair it with an IR blaster. Somfy URTS:

I reckon the URTS and an IR blaster is the way forward as the IR blaster will have complete (simple) control of the URTS with a tried and tested device handler for the IR blaster (depending what you go for).

I will do this and report back. Give me a couple of weeks :wink:

2 Likes

OK so it took me a bit more than a couple of weeks. I got the URTS and IR blaster combination working nicely and it wasn’t really all that painful in the end either.

Hi Arnoud,

Can you please tell if the RFXcom 443MHz transceiver is connected directly via USB to the raspberry? I would like to buy it to connect to openHAB and want to make sure that it works with Somfy blinds.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Bernd