Simulator, virtual devices don't work

I’ve been going round in circles trying to get the simulator to work. Does anyone know why it shouldn’t?

To elaborate, it only doesn’t work if I log in with my ‘real’ email address (the one all the physical devices actually exist on).
If I create another account and log in with that then it works fine - same code, same browser etc etc.

Obviously something is different but I can’t find out what it is.

The simulator has been wonky for a while, at least for me. I have had success if I don’t use pages in the preferences area. If I just use a long stream of “sections” to get the user input then the simulator seems to work okay, but once I put in pages it never sees any real devices I have, nor does it seem to work quite right.

We have a pretty major update to the preferences piece of the simulator coming in a few weeks. Right now we’re doing internal testing to make sure we don’t have any major regressions. After that we’re planning on looking at the rest of the simulator with the goal of getting it useful again.

I know it doesn’t help now, but it is coming soon. For now, we do a lot of testing within the mobile app.

2 Likes