SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

Try this …

I pasted your new code into my device handler, published it to myself, deleted my SimpliSafe device, then recreated via marketplace > smart apps > my apps with nothing but simplisafe selected as the alarm, and it’s working again!

1 Like

Hey David, these are great improvements! Please feel free to submit/fork them to my repo and I’ll be happy to merge in the changes!

Agreed, I think it would be great to get as much input as possible then have them submitted for merge so that we can keep a consistent baseline that everyone can use.

Speaking of which… Where is the latest version of the DH and SmartApp? Been trying to follow the forum here, but can’t sort out where the latest versions are :slight_smile: Please and Thank you!

They are here …

If I have multiple systems, is there a way to differentiate which one I want to use? I used your DTH but still getting an error message.

Just updated my SS app (2074.1.2 #2471) and have started to see issues with the presence sensing of the phone and activating and deactivating of the SS. Anyone having the same issues?

Sometimes it doesn’t disarm the alarm even though SHM is disarmed/armed. Is there a way to send disarming command maybe twice to make sure the SS server gets it?

I am also having this same issue recently after an update

im getting this in the log when it doesnt arm any ideas?
No condition match Smart Home Monitor: ‘away’, SimpliSafe: ‘away’

Mine is no longer arming SimpliSafe system. I haven’t updated anything on my end.

What version is everyone using that is having trouble. I have a SS3 and just tested it and all seems to be working correctly.

I am also on Ss3

I’m on SS2. It stopped working this morning. I’m on Hubitat so that may make debugging a bit more difficult, but here is the error message:

Alarm SET to HOME Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Acceptable
Alarm SET to OFF Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Not Acceptable

Any ideas?

I am currently running a ss2 system at my home, however I am moving and the new owner wanted the alarm system. I am obviously open to any alarm system that will work in the new place, I know the ss3 will with your code. My question and something I’ve never been able to figure out is, can I trigger an automation to run if the Simplisafe alarm is triggered (ALARM status?) So if Simplisafe goes off for example, smartthings could turn all controlled lights on and set all cameras to record?

Just wanted to drop a note to say everything works great for me with a SS2 system and the new V3 hub. Just tried to arm and disarm and worked great. Thanks!

For everyone having issues with arm/disarm, what phone are you using? I noticed today that my Android phone still seems to be operating correctly, by on my backup iPhone it is not. If I arm from there, the SHM shows as armed and the alarm will arm, but the Simplisafe device still shows as off. Is that what everyone is seeing?

New to all this, sometimes wish I’d never started on this all consuming hobby! … that said, question for Scott and Toby etal. Is the smart app in the link working for SS2 as well as ss3? And, once it’s installed on iPhones 6 and 7, then do I add Alexa support for voice to ST?

My goal is add HOME mode to bedtime routine. Usually I arm at keypad because the phone app is really slow. In am we unarm at keypad and when I leave I use the key fob. So I’m really more concerned with remembering to set HOME at bedtime.

This is the one I found at github before coming here.

Anybody here using this on Hubitat and able to help? I am getting a cookie error

Overlaying device logs and system logs I see the following:

User Logs:

|2018-11-28 09:22:12.030|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Checking to see if time has expired…|
|—|---|—|
|2018-11-28 09:22:12.261|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Executing Login…|
|2018-11-28 09:22:13.806|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Executing polling…|
|2018-11-28 09:22:14.085|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Alarm State1: AWAY|
|2018-11-28 09:22:14.086|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Messages: |
|2018-11-28 09:22:14.364|INFO |dev|321|Simplisafe|Events: System Armed (away mode): …

Platform logs (from HE):
2018-11-28 09:22:12.260 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] WARN org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies - Invalid cookie header: “Set-Cookie: [[REDACTED]]; Expires=Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:22:12 GMT; Path=/”. Invalid ‘expires’ attribute: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:22:12 GMT
2018-11-28 09:22:13.614 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] WARN org.apache.http.client.protocol.ResponseProcessCookies - Invalid cookie header: “Set-Cookie: [[REDACTED]]; Expires=Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:22:12 GMT; Path=/”. Invalid ‘expires’ attribute: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:22:12 GMT
2018-11-28 09:22:13.806 [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] WARN

Note the Hubitat device driver is of course highly based on the Smartthings driver. The Hubitat code is here: https://github.com/homeauto2112/Hubitat/blob/master/SimpliSafe%20DTH.txt

@ssilence @tobycth3 Any chance you might review?

Anybody else on hubitat with simplisafe?