SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

Thank you for this code, @fgorodishter and @tobycth3. I just installed the SimpliSafe DeviceType and it’s reporting my SS alarm state accurately.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to use this to kick off a SmartThings routine? For example, I’d love it if I could get SmartThings to automatically execute the “Goodnight” routine (shut off lights, etc.) when I set the SS alarm system to “Home”. Any pointers on how to do this?

Thanks!

I came up with a very hacked together way of doing it. I basically wrote a small app that watches the status of the SS system and turns a virtual tile on/off when the alarm is in Home mode. I then use the built in ‘when things quiet down’ app and use my virtual tile as the switch to watch for the trigger.

Is anyone having issues with the alarm status not refreshing? I noticed that the status has been stuck in “Home” mode for the last 2 days…I am running the latest code and not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

No, mine is working fine…

10/22/15

• Correct issue where not having a freeze sensor would stop ST app from refreshing
  • Added base station warning icon
  • Added additional device capabilities so that they can be used in other ST apps / dashboards:
    – Presence sensor: off & home = present, away = not present
    – Contact sensor: “open” for recent alarm, “closed” for no recent alarm
    – Temperature sensor: triggers “alert” under 41 degrees, “no alert” above 41 degrees. Reports the last temperature value received (NOTE: this requires manually refreshing the temperature from the SS app / website)
    – Smoke: “detected” for a recent smoke alarm, “clear” for no recent smoke alarm
    – CO: “detected” for a recent CO2 alarm, “clear” for no recent CO2 alarm
    – Moisture sensor: “wet” for a recent flood alarm, “dry” for no recent flood alarm
    – Multi sensor: “active” for warning messages from the base station, “inactive” for no warnings

SS reports recent alerts for anything triggered in the past 24 hours - the alert in the ST app will only clear after the time period has lapsed.

1 Like

Hi - Can’t seem to find your github repo. Can you send us the link again?

I don’t have one setup, I just updated the code in the top post.

Thank you @tobycth3! I don’t have a freeze sensor (being in Southern California), which was what was causing ST to not refresh. This update was perfectly timed for me. Thanks again!

1 Like

Oh! Have any of you been able to add SS to your Dashboard (I am still on V1 of the hub). It’s kind of a pain having to navigate to “Things”, and then scroll to find SS and check on status. I’ve been trying to find a way to add it to the Dashboard so I can quickly view alarm status, but no dice.

The best I’ve been able to do so far is using the Damage & Danger for the smoke, co2, flood, temp, recent alarms and base station warnings. You could use the presence when it’s set in away mode but that doesn’t help you for home mode. I might also be able to set home/away modes as a door lock and you would be able to monitor it from the dashboard that way.

Unfortunately I don’t know of any tie-ins to the new Smart Home Monitor as of yet to make this a bit more slick.

Do you mind sharing the code for this smartapp?

Continuing the discussion from SimpliSafe Alarm Intergration:

Continuing the discussion from SimpliSafe Alarm Intergration:

1 Like

Thanks for this. Now when I put SimpliSafe in Away mode, I run an Away routine. This way if my presence sensors fail to report properly (which happens as we all know), this will ensure the house gets put into Away mode. I am using Hello, Home Phrase Director to normally handle these mode changes. If I happen to leave my house at night, the Hello, Home Phrase Directory smartapp should switch the house from Away to Away (night) unless the mobile presence fails.

I also setup a rule in SmartRules iOS app that if my Smartthings Away mode is activated and my SimpliSafe Virtual Switch is OFF, send me a push notification that I forgot to enable the alarm.

Lastly, I use Pollster to refresh the status of my SimpliSafe every minute so the status is pretty updated.

The only thing missing right now which I would live is to automatically enable SimpliSafe alarm at night to Home Mode and On when I leave the house.

Latest code here

11/5/15

• Removed need to specify Location ID, Device Name and Device UUID

• Added proper login handling to logout session after poll/refresh

• Eliminated generating thousands of sessions listed under SS Login Info

• Added door lock device capabilities:
    – Door lock: off = unlocked, home & away = locked

Thanks! How does the door lock capability work? Trying to understand a use case that would make sense for it.

It was added in part as a request form @ThePennster as a basic way to get the alarm status from the dashboard. This way you can tell at a glance if your system is armed or not. I previously added all the capabilities to give info on an alert in Damage&Danger but didn’t think to add something for armed status.

If the system is armed, the door will be ‘locked’. If the system is off, the door will be ‘unlocked’.

Makes sense! Nice feature, now I can see it in my dashboard :smile:

Latest code here

11/10/15

• BY POPULAR DEMAND: Ability to control (off, away, home) SS from within ST app!

• Updated colors to match SS color scheme

• Added SS error reporting

3 Likes

@tobycth3 THANK YOU!!! This is pretty much as good and perfect as it gets. I can see the alarm status and I can switch off/home/away, but I’ll have to test when I am home later tonight. Thanks for continuing on the work…

1 Like

Now if I can just figure out a way to disarm SS when a code is entered on my door locks…