SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

It was originally written this way but was replaced with SHM state since you can set it via routines and it proved to be redundant. Since then SHM / Smartthings went to crap so it hasn’t been working very well. As they are repairing the platform, I have noticed it is working much better in my setup recently. See my previous post: SimpliSafe Alarm Integration (cloud to cloud)

5/10/16
Updated device type

• Uses new multitile layout
  • Displays most recent event in main tile
  • Refresh temperature and alarm status by clicking on their icons
  • Reduced IDE logging to more relevant info
1 Like

New updates look nice. Thanks again for the awesome device/app.

Hi @tobycth3. When I click on Temp or Alarm tiles, it says “Updating” and I hear the base say “Your settings have been synchronized”, but the tile stays at updating and doesn’t return back to it’s original state. I I back out of the app and go back in, all of the tiles are in it’s original state.

There are no error in the IDE logs.

It does update and pull in new data (you’ll see it in the Recent Activity log). I’ll look into why the tile isn’t changing back to green after it updates.

Thanks for all the work on this!

If I set SS to away via the SS app(not in ST), should I expect ST to change the SHM status to away (and this applies for home and off as well)?

Just now I did this and SHM is still showing disarmed even though SS is set to home (and refreshing the SS page in ST correctly shows this).

Anyone else having issues with Simplisafe and this app? The last two days it’s failed to disarm during my routine change. See below.

That typically means it’s having trouble communicating with the base over the cell connection. Mine does it every now and then, typically when there’s any trouble with the local cell tower. I usually find pulling power and poping out the batteries for a few min takes care of it.

Thanks. What is strange is all of my other SimpliSafe actions when we come and go have been fine the last two days. The only issue has been the routine triggered SHM from Arm(Stay) to Disarm that then disarms SS. Clearly SHM is issuing the command properly. I will do a power/reboot when I get home and see how it behaves tomorrow.

HI there. I am new to this, so please forgive me if my question seems “stupid” :). So how would I go about using this code/app? Is there something I need to download to install it?

This code is a two part system to ingrate SS into the smartthings hub.
The first is a ‘device type’ that will manage the login functions and mimic the phone app’s function. (I believe you must have a active smartphone app level SS subscription)

The second part is a ‘smart app’ that is a better way to interact with the lock through the ST phone app.

To use these you will need to sign it at Smartthings API. From there you will need to create a new custom device handler (from code) and copy the code into the window. Then you will do the same for a new smart app. Once complete, and you hit publish>for me, you will then be able to add them to your smartthings app under add new devices/app> custom

I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but I was hoping to get enough details about the order of steps down that have come up as questions in many other threads.
These apps and this forum have been amazing and are the reason I switched to ST in the first place.

I would like to have the ST turn on all lights upon alarm activation.
Turn on all lights and turn off Nest on smoke detection.

I have gotten this to work however when I change the status on the SMH it doesn’t change the mode in SimpliSafe. Any suggestions?

Silly question - did you install both the Device Type and companion Smart App from the first post of this thread? Additionally, do you have the online monitoring plan from SS? You will need that to get this to work.

Yes I did … funny thing … sometimes it works and at other times it doesn’t. It will control from the SimpliSafe Smart App with no problems. But when I tried to control from SMH it works intermittently.

I think it’s more of an issue with SHM than anything else. SmartThings keeps saying they are working to improve it but people continue to post issues with SHM

Got everything installed, I have the 24.99 online plan. From inside smart things app on iOS, when I try to configure Simplisafe Monitor app, under the select alarm system box, it tells me theres “no devices of this capability”?

You need to install the device handler (configure it with your login info) then you can install the smart app.

I did install both the smart app code and the device handler code, published both. How do configure it with my login info?

Did you create a device for your alarm using the device type you installed/published? In that new device, there will be a preference section where you can add your credentials