Simplerulebuilder - now private

Well, the mode shows which mode it is on the things area, but my iphone presence does not but it does show correctly when i click it in the things are and on the bottum shows current value. Just not in the Things area next to the device.

Thanks Joe! Appreciate the quick fix

I agree with you on this, it would be nice to have conditional actions that are timed based.

The only concern that I have so far, is that when Authorizing the items. You donā€™t have an option like select all. That would be nice and easier. However I think this is something that ST needs to incorporate and not related to your site.

I agree that this should be incorporated by ST, and I have also dealt with the pain of having to click all the little checkboxes each time. A quick fix (if using Chrome) is open the Chrome Dev console (Ctrl + Shift + J) and copy/paste the following in the console:

[].forEach.call( document.querySelectorAll('input[type="checkbox"]'),function(el){
       el.checked=true;
     }
);

@April - wanna put in a request to add a ā€œSelect Allā€ checkbox on the OAuth screen? :smile:

2 Likes

And might as well add a check box to deselect all as well. (SMILE) since we are dreaming (/SMILE)

1 Like

Anyone experiencing things not turning on as scheduled? I have two lights that didnā€™t turn off this morning and lights that didnā€™t turn on tonight.

Yes, I have another smartapp that is not triggering as scheduled. I recommend emailing support. There is a bigger problem here than I suspected. Tagging @tslagle13 in this since I noted earlier one of his apps suddenly stopped working and he confirmed it as well. Tagging @April to let her know there may be something going on here.

1 Like

Hmmmm interesting. Maybe Iā€™ll wait to look at my app and see if STs can publish a fix globally.

Having no problems with rules executing over here. Everything working as expected.

Thanks. Both of the events that didnā€™t fire for me I set up with the rulesengine. I will have to keep an eye on it and see if it does it again tomorrow.

If you are relying on sunset/sunrise and I think even the time of day triggers to change modeā€™s there is a known issue with that. Perhaps this is what is causing your issue? Basically everyone calls the mode change at the same time and it gets overwhelmed and fails. They suggest scheduling for odd times so instead of on the hour; do a few minutes off; etc.

I use sunrise/sunset to change modes but I have two different methods to make sure it changes. One is the smartapp with an offset. The second is I have a virtual button that IFTTT turns on and off at sunrise and sunset and then the smart rules engine changes mode based on that buttonā€™s activity.

Things worked as scheduled on Sunday and I donā€™t use the sunrise/sunset setting for the events that didnā€™t fire.

On another note, @JoeC is there a way to quickly disable/suspend a rule without deleting? It would be great when time to troubleshoot.

Yep, disabling rules is built, I just need to upload the code. I think the next update will move this out of ā€˜testingā€™ and on to open signups. Just tying up a few loose ends.

1 Like

https://simplerulebuilder.com/

Good enough to let anyone who finds it sign up? Seems like there is always more that I could do. Maybe a FAQ for questions that come up sometimes.

2 Likes

Hi Joe,
Can you explain how to use SUNSET and SUNRISE times in the conditions?

Thanks!

I havenā€™t built support for sunrise/sunset at this point. You could try using light levels from a sensor or just picking a time for now.

How big of deal is sunrise/sunset for you guys? Iā€™ve never had a good reason to use it.

Sunrise/sunset comes in handy for me because I donā€™t have to adjust the times the porch light and other external lights on/off times, plenty of use in AZ.

I just adjust manually for now.

I made a virtual button and have IFTTT turn it on and off with the sun. Smart things then changes mode based on that button being turned on and off.

I would opt for that kind of strategy for your @eibyer The Sunset/Sunrise logic has a lot of issues in smart things right now so if you really wanted it to work you would have to make your own process from scratch.

I use Sunrise and Sunset with ST, both with offsets to control my ST Modes, it works 90%+.

1 Like