Simplerulebuilder - now private

Try again please. I put a try/catch around that method so it won’t totally fail if there is a dupe or multiple unnamed modes/routines. Let me know how it goes!

Hey there, I don’t have a garage door that can open/close itself so I haven’t been able to test that device type first hand. I think others have had success with it.

Does your opener show up in the device list for triggers and conditions, but not actions?

Why should it show up as 2 devices? A single device should be able to display the status and perform the commands. Assuming your device is using capability.doorControl

Thank you Joe, tried again and still no luck. Let me know if you want to look at any specific data for my account and then I can let you know my ID etc if it helps you debug?

yes exactly it shows up as a sensor but not an action

Hi Joe,
I’ve been trying to debug why some of the lights were not triggering, and after debugging and simplifying the rules many times over, I started suspecting that the second or subsequent group of “OR” conditions weren’t triggering.

Just to be sure, I changed the conditions to be simple “mode” based, where one condition is just the opposite of another and one of those will always be true. In the example posted below, my conditions were when the mode IS home, OR when the mode IS NOT home. Hitting the execute button on that worked fine since the mode was “home”. Switching the order of the conditions while the mode was still “home” (where the first condition is the mode IS NOT home and second is mode IS home) did not work, implying some issue with the OR condition not working.

I tried it with a few other things as well like the day of the week and the first condition works, but the second OR condition doesn’t. I’m trying it all with the “ExecuteRule” button so I can make sure I have the rules correct.

It’s quite possible I misunderstand the condition groupings, and if so I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong. Either way, can anyone please help me figure it out?

Thanks!

when this happens
Trigger
Foyer Motion SensorMotion is detected

and these conditions are met
Conditions
mode is not equal to Home
OR
mode is equal to Home

Actions
Living Room LightsTurn switch ONEditRemove
Wait 5 seconds THEN Living Room LightsSet dim level60

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry for the hassle! I’ll take a look at this soon.

edit: @priyanshu, Can you try it now? I just updated the code

Thanks Joe, seems to be working fine now!

This looks like some great work. Could anyone tell me if this works with OAuth on the new EU servers that serve the UK?

Not yet, still waiting to see how SmartThings wants us to do this. I haven’t seen any updates yet.

Thanks Joe, if you hear anything please let us know.

Hey @JoeC. Sooo, I created an account a while back, and somehow forgot my password. There is no password reset functionality, so I created a new account. This new account is getting an error when creating a rule:

There was an error retrieving some of your location data. Maybe you have multiple modes or routines with the same name (or no name). Or maybe you have another simplerulebuilder.com account?

If you deleted my old account, would this error go away?

For reference, my old username was ‘dantidote’ and my new username is ‘d’

Thanks a million, I LOVE the app.

I deleted your old account, give it a try now.

2 Likes

I have tried a trigger that basically when my wife arrives it triggers presence arrives next trigger door lock, unlock (have schlage camelot) and action if locked then unlock… Cant get that to work. I have one that will turn on the lights if its after a certain time if she arrives and that works but not the unlock?? Anysuggestions??

Is anyone else recieving this exception when opening a rule to edit?

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at SmartThingsRuleBuilder.App_Code.Location.updateLocalLocationData()

Additionally, my rules are not operating my SmartThings devices. What can I do, please? And what might the issue be? Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the delay. Is there any chance you have two rule builder accounts set up? Any chance you have multiple modes with the same name, or routines with the same name?

I would love to see the option to use sunrise and sunset with offset +/- x minutes.

Hi, @JoeC. No, only one single rule builder account, and zero modes or routines with the same name. Today, I decided to delete my account and create a new single rule builder account, and forfeit all of my rules already built. Only then did the error cease, and now my rules are working. If it happens again, I’ll let you know. (I don’t mean to complain or be sarcastic in any way. I truly do enjoy your product!) :smile:

Thanks again for this incredible system…smart things really should buy it from you.Way better than the apps…

I am having an issue; I just added a second In-Wall Smart Dimmer (GE) Z-wave and when I got to setup and tell it to re-fresh it does not add the device to the rules engine.

The smart things app included it just fine and is having no issues playing.

I have the first generation hub and this is the second of these devices on the z-wave network. Can’t think of anything else pertinent.

Hey there. Can you just double check that you did add the permission through the smart app? (you might want to add it in both the switches and the dimmers sections). Once you are sure that is set, go to this page: http://www.simplerulebuilder.com/AccountSetup.aspx

and click the Update Things button.

Did it show up?

Joe,

Thank you; I honestly completely forgot that I had to add the individual permission in the application (been awhile since I have added anything).

That fixed it! Sorry to take your time.

Thanks