SHM Security Modes

SHM currently has 3 security selections, Away, Home, Night. Is there a way to add another security selection? Not a mode, another security tab in SHM.

I thought they were Armed(Away), Armed(Home) and Disarmed…The Primary reason for these, IMHO, is to have the ability to disable certain Motions or Contacts for when you are Home with the Alarm On and Visa-Versa.

Away, Home and Night are Modes and you add more Modes in the IDE.

I misspoke on the selections. Yes they are Armed(away), Armed(Home), and Disarmed. But I need a fourth.

Armed away is most all of the door sensors and motion detectors. I don’t use the garage door sensor in this selection. Armed home is all the door sensors and no motion detectors.

What I want to add is all door sensors, including garage door, and motion detectors.

I know it can be done by finageling some Core pistons or something but was looking for a cleaner method.

That’s the only three states that I know of. I guess they figure you are either home or away and base Arm/Disarm on that. This is the way most security systems work and of course you have bypass.

So, how would you bypass in ST? I guess it would be done via Virtual Sensors and Motions. Yep, CoRE.

1. Install Master Bypass Virtual Switch
  2. Install Slave Virtual Sensors
  3. Only use the Virtual Sensors you want to bypass in SHM
  4. Setup Basic Pistons in CoRE using Expert Mode

Rule Example for Garage Sensor Only:
Add Group
Add Conditions
If Garage Sensor is open
And
Master Bypass Switch is Off
When True (For Group)
Using Virtual Garage Sensor
Open

Or

Add Group
Add Conditions
If Garage Sensor is closed
And
Master Bypass Switch is Off
When True (For Group)
Close

Or

Add Condition
If Master Bypass Switch is On
When True
Close

Finally, Setup a Rule or Routine to turn on/off Master Bypass Switch!

Done. You will probably spend more time searching for another solution than just creating the above piston for each sensor you want to bypass.

Unfortunately, you can’t add or remove the three built-in states of SHM. Modes can be edited, but not SHM alarm states.