SHM, IFTTT and webCoRE were broken (25 Aug 2020) (all fixed 36 hours later)

Has anyone seen a response from support? It has been almost 24h for me with IFTTT down…

2 Likes

Any proper reply from ST yet regarding IFTTT? Still down on my side…?

2 Likes

Same problem. IFTTT can turn virtual switches on and off, but doesn’t react to switches being pressed :-(.

2 Likes

Same here all virtual switches work but no response from the device. ST support have not replied to my email either.

2 Likes

Snap - I thought it was me - VIrtual switches changing state - but IFTTT never responding :frowning:
Will watch and wait…

2 Likes

8am eastern & prob has not been fixed

@blake.arnold @jody.albritton @Lars

Confirming you guys are aware of this? Not sure which realm this falls under. Support is (again) useless just telling us to uninstall/re-install the app (therefore losing all of the formatting/setup).

6 Likes

I’m curious what happens if you take the code from GitHub comment out the line that’s not working and then load the application through our own IDE?
I don’t like being ignored so I’m looking for potential work around at this point.
I’m interested in know if our code would overwrite the app that’s in there and we wouldn’t have to reconfigure all the Integrations with ifttt.

Yes I am having same exact issue

3 Likes

This has been happening since yesterday afternoon (UK time) and I call Samsung last night and they gave no help saying it needs to be taken up with IFTTT

Oh no… finger pointing, nobody wins.

While true, I also think it’s not tier 1 support’s place to do finger pointing because they have no clue what’s going on in the back end.

I’m fairly certain that calling last night @Springbok you didn’t get an escalation resource.

@Brad_ST - support giving bad advice again, and now fingerpointing… Not good.

2 Likes

A summary:

What SHM is up to is anybody’s guess. It seems a bit premature for it to have been disabled deliberately as it is still being actively used, so it seems broken. [FIXED]

The situation with webCoRE is pretty clear. It is getting 401 errors that it isn’t expecting (reading location.activeIncidents). This is NOT a new experience as it happened in the UK in March 2018 and worldwide in May this year. However on those occasions the problems cleared. Correlation isn’t causation, but you have to say the SHM issues are looking a bit cause and effect given that activeIncidents are SHM incidents. As the apps are installed by end users a fix can be quickly applied, but it probably shouldn’t need to be, at least not until SHM sunsets. [FIXED BY SHM BEING FIXED]

IFTTT is getting an error 500 when it sends data in the direction of IFTTT in its subscription event handler. That error could be at ST’s end or it could be at IFTTT’s end. It requires understanding of the architecture rather than speculation. [FIXED AT IFTTT END]

5 Likes

Same issue here. Not working since sometime yesterday. Status is all good on all linked services but IFTTT does not trigger any action from my smartthings virtual switch.

1 Like

I can verify this appears to be a one-way issue, only IFTTTT Applets triggered by a device in Smarrtthings are not working. My Applets which are triggered by other services and control ST devices are working fine. Been about 24 hours for me, super annoying as I really don’t use many IFTTT applets, but I do depend on my driveway gate using one… :angry:

4 Likes

Are things working again for you all?
https://status.smartthings.com/incidents/wb9ztt0c8xrc

2 Likes

webCoRE and SHM working for me as of now.

So much for ‘status’ getting updated to tell us about the outage while it is happening.

3 Likes

IFTTT applets being triggered by ST not working, though working other way round. So, IFTTT, for me at least since yesterday, is one way op for ST.
Anyone else having same problem?

1 Like

Ifttt still not working for me.

3 Likes

Can confirm - still broken for me too:

1:14:44 PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Internal Server Error @line 253 (deviceHandler)

3 Likes