SHM and Smart Lighting Apps Suddenly Stopped Working

I have been using all of these for several months with no issues. I haven’t changed or added anything. Yesterday, all of my Smart Lighting Apps stopped working (lights on at sunset, if motion detected do this, etc) AND my SHM will not arm in Away or Stay.

I can execute my routines manually and everything works. SHM will not arm, regardless of what I do. I have rebooted with no effect. I am at a loss. As my luck goes, I built confidence in my SHM and cancelled my monitored alarm system last week only to have this happen… Please help!

Apparently solved…? I disabled all of my webCoRE components, tried to Arm/Disarm SHM and it executed successfuly. Executed my Smart Lighting Apps and was successful, enabled the webCoRE components and everything seems to be working again…?

Bill. How did you disable / re-enable them?

I might not have used the proper terminology. In webCoRE, I paused all of programs and then enabled them one by one. I’m not sure that’s what fixed my issue, but, everything started working again as soon as I did that…

I’m no expert by any means, but the whole thing was really odd to me. The only common factor, with the exception of SHM, was everything that didn’t work was controlled by Smart Lighting Apps. I have a few webCoRE programs that arm/disarm SHM based on different things, that’s why I headed there…

1 Like

UPDATE: Still having trouble with one Smart Lighting App. The app has been working successfully for months to turn lights on at sunset and off at sunrise. Since this happened, I can’t get it to work…

I have tried deleting the Smart Lighting App and creating it again. I have verified sunset/sunrise times on my hub. I still can’t get it to trigger. What’s odd to me is I have other Smart Lighting apps that are using sunset as a condition and they are working (If door opens after sunset turn light on). Any thoughts?

All of my automations have been slowly dropping off since the week of the update. Support says they have ‘something’ but no ETA. :frowning:

Again… I’m no expert when it comes to ST related issues, but, if it was widespread (update related) wouldn’t more people be puzzled and complaining about similar issues? I’ve searched the forum and found a few similar posts but none of them recent.

Check the firmware beta thread. Issue after issue after issue after issue…

I can’t guarantee it was that set of updates but I do have a nearly flawlessly operating system that became mostly non functional overnight during the same time period. I also have ST support’s answer to me indicate they did indeed find something wrong with my personal account they intend to fix, but right now we’re all getting a lot non response from them on specifics… So what it actually is? shrugs

Well… In trying to figure out what was happening I added an offset to sunset and it is firing every time. I don’t know if this tells anyone anything, but, it seems to be a solution at this point…