Shelly wifi device integration

Works great!!!.
only a question how i can add device consuption?
Thanks again

No idea how to do that, but as you can see I put the consumption data in a variable, so itā€™s there, ready to be used. Maybe someone who is better at webcore can write that.

Iā€™ve got a slightly pared down version coming later today

EDIT: Nevermind on the slightly smaller version. What I was doing didnā€™t end up working out.

I think Iā€™m done trying to optimize this code. I have gotten some feedback that it is too much, but if itā€™s stupid and it works, then it isnā€™t stupid. Iā€™ll write up a guide on how to implement as is. Anyone that is better at WebCoRE can optimize my piston or see if they can get the power data to the device tile.

1 Like

Thanks, @blacktirion, Iā€™m familiar with WebCoRE, however Iā€™m still trying to get my head around this amazing piston. will give it a shot and let you know if i need further help.

Sorry I cannot help, because I use only Shelly1s, so one device, one ip address and channel 0 only.

@coolby okay I understand. Just one more thingā€¦ any idea if this DTH is supposed to report the physical state change of a Shelly switch?

Are you asking if the device within ST should turn on when turned on at the device? Or are you asking if when that happens, that it also report ā€œphysicalā€ as the qualifier so that it can be differentiated between that and digital (software) changes?

Now that is what I need to understand somehow. I have installed a Shelly1 with a wall switch on sw input, but the status of the lamp shall be somehow followed independently where it was switched (physical wall switch or app/ST)

Ryan do you have solution for this?

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t understand your question. Are you saying that:
A) You want the physical switch attached to the shelly to also update the switch status in ST.
or
B) you want to be able to differentiate when the shelly is turned on by the physical switch attached to the device versus when it is turned on by ST?

If B, then one question:

1. When you start with the shelly off and turn it on via the physical switch, does it turn on is ST as well?

I want only A. In ST I want to follow that the light is on or off (independently from where it is switched)

Now I checked again, but it seems that my problem does not exist. I use Shelly as switch from dgasparri and now I checked that it changes the state also when I switch it with the physical button. It is not immediate and sometimes I have to push the refresh button in Smarttings Classic app, but it reads well the status of my Shelly1. To use it in Actiontile it would be better to have more frequent check of the status, do I understand right that the checkinterval=14400 means it checks (it means also the status?) the Shelly only in every 4 hours or what does this mean? Can I reduce this value? Shelly is not battery powered, so this could be a problem?

Hello iā€™ve modified from hubitat github https://github.com/sgrayban/Hubitat-Ports/tree/master/Drivers/Shelly
The 2.04 version, itā€™s working and is present power usage, but iā€™ve problems with second channel (shelly2) , iā€™ll attach my modified version, someone know how to adjust?
https://github.com/joinwind/Shellytest

Regards

hi @joinwind, this DTH works better, it reflects the physical status correctly, however Iā€™m having an issue with channel 1, when i click on, it turns on the load but it doesnā€™t update in the app. iā€™m thinking this has something to do with the device network ID, because I provided a generic name for CH0 but it was changed to something else, while CH1 did not, hence itā€™s offline now.
Looking for your assistance. TIA

yes i know, but my knowledge of groovy is very poor, in the github of hubitat there is a new version (2.0.5) but is more difficult to convert , if someone can help is really appreciated!

hi, for me it weird, because for me this devicehandler does not update the status in ST even if I turn on or off in Smarthings classic. Its always say status OFF, however it turnes on and off correctlyā€¦

@Coolby this DTH does update, at least after 1 minute https://github.com/joinwind/Shellytest
Any idea how to fix Channel 1 to work properly?

But if you want only device tell if is turned on & off the webcore is ok, why you want to use the dth? (i want to use only for the power meter).

Pablo, what do you think about this dth : https://community.webcore.co/t/release-value-tiles-dth-for-displaying-webcore-variables-stats-in-a-thing/4725
it seem can read a variable (es power usage) ???

Yes, you can set this value equal to anything you want and have that value presented as a tile in ST. However, you can also do the same thing for any ST device you want. You just have to set the tiles up correctly in the DTH. Using the webcore value tile seems superfluous.

Hi guys.
Can anyone confirm wether this would work with a external floodlight and pir so I can get SmartThings notifications when the lights turned on?
Iā€™ve seen someone use one of these to do similar but left the stock firmware and used Mqtt I would prefer to have it direct with Smartthings if I could.
Thanks

Hi @blacktirion, trying your WebCoRE piston, just wanna make sure of something firstā€¦ i have created 2 virtual devices, one for each channel, ST changed channel 0ā€™s device network ID automatically and it works perfectly, however channel 1 is always offline and the device does not change its status although it sends commands when pressed.
if iā€™m going to use your piston, does it mean that I will have to create 2 new virtual devices and have the original ones just hanging there and use the new ones? TIA