SharpTools Presence

Can you export your final tasks and profiles for this

I implemented @hellfire51’s retry-loop logic in my early attempts to use Tasker (simple Wi-Fi Near approach), but I have renewed interest since @destructure00 posted his Autolocation logic. I’ve put this the retry logic into the project, and it mostly works, except…

An old bugaboo has re-appeared; not major, but annoying. Wonder if anyone else sees it. To wit,

In addition to the Entry condition, the profile triggers when the phone first boots. The 10-count always fails and I get the failure notification. I think it must be a timing issue, because if I insert a 5-second wait into the loop, it usually completes at around 8 attempts. When it fails, my test flashes a toast with the variables (e.g. %st_attr_value), and they are not set.

Can anyone suggest a way to delay execution when it boots, without causing delays under normal entry/exit conditions? Or am I missing something and there is a better way to handle? Thanks!

Have you tried using the Device Shutdown and Device Boot events? My thought is you could set a variable when the boot is complete and then check that variable to determine if the delay needs to be in place for the presence event. Then on device shutdown, set the variable back to a different state.

The challenge with this approach will be the order the tasks run. You’ll want to make sure the device boot has a higher priority, but without trying it I’m not sure which event would trigger first.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea. Limited testing shows it working every time.

1 Like

Quick question: The approach you suggested is working (one exception noted), but would the following work to accomplish the same thing and be simpler?

Just put a wait in the task until Up Time Seconds (%UPS) is greater than 300?

I’ll be honest, I’ve read through every one of these posts and cannot understand how to put the loop into the right tasks or places. Can someone lay this out like @joshua_lyon did in his post? Step by step. With screen shots would be awesome, but I understand I’m asking a lot already.