Severe Weather Alerts on Echo

I think it has to do with the line where you define key. But it is getting beyond my expertise. Not sure it shouldn’t be something like alerts.detailkey or something.

The detailid is correct, but am having trouble pulling the description info from texts. How would I define it to that level?

I have been playing around with this but since I don’t have any alerts right now, not having much luck. This after a week of tornadoes, severe storms, etc. I live in Missouri. When I want an alert I can’t get one.

Do you think the key and detail should be inside the each brackets? They would be an array so I would think you might need the array subscript.

But again, this is beyond my programming abilities. Or at least my groovy knowledge.

This is what I get when I call the alertdetail with the key

[alertDetail:[adminDistrict:Missouri, adminDistrictCode:MO, areaId:MOC071, areaName:Franklin County, areaTypeCode:C, categories:[[category:Met, categoryCode:2]], certainty:Unknown, certaintyCode:5, countryCode:US, countryName:UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, detailKey:eaaf0a1b-7596-3cf4-85de-d95967022b28, disclaimer:null, effectiveTimeLocal:null, effectiveTimeLocalTimeZone:null, eventDescription:River Flood Warning, eventTrackingNumber:0139, expireTimeLocal:2019-05-29T05:59:00-05:00, expireTimeLocalTimeZone:CDT, expireTimeUTC:1559127540, flood:[floodCrestTimeLocal:2019-06-01T07:00:00-05:00, floodCrestTimeLocalTimeZone:CDT, floodEndTimeLocal:null, floodEndTimeLocalTimeZone:null, floodImmediateCause:Excessive Rainfall, floodImmediateCauseCode:ER, floodLocationId:WHGM7, floodLocationName:Missouri River at Washington, floodRecordStatus:A record flood is not expected, floodRecordStatusCode:NO, floodSeverity:Moderate, floodSeverityCode:2, floodStartTimeLocal:2019-05-21T06:16:00-05:00, floodStartTimeLocalTimeZone:CDT], headlineText:River Flood Warning is in effect, ianaTimeZone:America/Chicago, identifier:4aa3c1a40dfee7c88ce759cae85cdb3d, issueTimeLocal:2019-05-28T06:00:00-05:00, issueTimeLocalTimeZone:CDT, latitude:38.41, longitude:-91.05, messageType:Update, messageTypeCode:2, officeAdminDistrict:Missouri, officeAdminDistrictCode:MO, officeCode:KLSX, officeCountryCode:US, officeName:St. Louis, onsetTimeLocal:null, onsetTimeLocalTimeZone:null, phenomena:FL, polygon:[[lat:38.65, lon:-90.78], [lat:38.59, lon:-90.72], [lat:38.51, lon:-90.89], [lat:38.61, lon:-91.23], [lat:38.66, lon:-91.19], [lat:38.65, lon:-90.78]], processTimeUTC:1559041224, productIdentifier:FLS, responseTypes:[[responseType:Avoid, responseTypeCode:5]], severity:Severe, severityCode:2, significance:W, source:National Weather Service, synopsis:null, texts:[[description:The Flood Warning continues for the Missouri River at Washington until further notice. At 4:45 AM Tuesday the stage was 27.6 feet. Flood stage is 20.0 feet. Moderate ...[TRUNCATED]

Texts is what I am wanting, but can’t figure it out.

Got it. Need to check on my speaker if this works, but I am able to get it pulled into log.debug.

@piersm2 did you have any luck with your new changes? I just loaded it and was going to do some testing.

@dbnewell Haven’t had a chance. Did it work?

I loaded it and set it up but could not get it to announce the alerts we had last night so I reverted to the original.

I am having the same issue. I can get the announcement to work when I manually hit the repeat, so guessing it has something where I am linking the headline and the detail. The work continues…

We have had some severe weather here lately and the only time I can get it to announce is with the manual trigger. Is there something I maybe missing?