Setting a scene where my Zooz Zen22 dimmer switch goes off at a particular ramp speed at a given time

I’d like to be able to create a scene which turns off my 4-year old daughter’s light from 100% to 0% over the course of 2 hours starting at 9 PM. I have the custom Zooz Zen22 handler, but I’m not sure how to create a scene to do this. Is this possible, and how should it be done?

Tagging @TheSmartestHouse

The dimmer has a maximum ramp rate of 99 seconds so it couldn’t be stretched over the course of 2 hours using that setting unfortunately. You could create a schedule to gradually decrease brightness every 15 minutes starting at 9 and ending at around 11. That would be 8 separate automations (one per every brightness change) but with the ramp rate set to something like 4 seconds, it could come close to what you initially had in mind. Just make sure you have the latest handler installed because only the latest version gives you access to adjusting the Z-Wave control ramp rate (the main setting that’s in the manual is for physical control ramp rate). If you need a step-by-step on how to create the schedules, just reach out to our support with your order number and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like

Thanks for the help, @TheSmartestHouse. Creating separate automations for this task would be fine for my use, as I really don’t need a continuous drop over that 2 hours. I might actually prefer to make them smaller when my daughter might be awake (as to be less noticeable) and more dramatic once she’s likely asleep, so this discrete approach might even be better. I’ll reach out to support with my order # to ask about how to create the schedules, thanks!

1 Like