Separate multiple locations (changing owner)

So after configuring and using SmartThings at home for a while, I decided to buy one for work. (Small office, couple co-workers) I had assumed (incorrectly) that if I added them as users to that location, they would be restricted to that location. However it doesn’t look like that’s the case, and it seems doubtful that functionality is coming any time soon.

So, what I’d like to do is create a second SmartThings account for myself (for the office) and make that the “owner” of that system, then add my other account and co-workers to it to keep things isolated.

Has anyone had ST support change the owner on a system? Like is it even possible?

I imagine I could always completely reset things in some way and start over, but I’d like to avoid that. I guess I probably shouldn’t assume that’s possible though. I’ll have to look into it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for any info…

-James

Changing owner would be a great way to sell your already automated house. :wink: I had configured a hub in my account for my mom’s cabin. But now my brother is inheriting the cabin, and the only way to move the hub to a new email address is to exclude all the devices, wipe the hub, connect it to a new account and reattach all the devices. (the answer I got from support) So going forward…never ever use your primary email address for smartthings…always make up a disposable address.

1 Like

No doubt… At least I haven’t added much to the second system yet. Thanks for the info!

1 Like