[OBSOLETE] Sensibo integration

I dont see screenshots. Please add some please to understand your issue.

You have install both the “SmartApp” and the “Device Handler”?

You need to use the Sensibo (Connect) to configure them. Be sure to have the correct API key entered.

Eric

-------- Message d’origine --------

@Brutalboy I’m having a strange issue when I try to control my pods through SmartThings.

If the temperature on my a/c is already set to an odd number, tapping the up or down button once causes my a/c to change by two degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature is an even number, then I am able to change temp by one degree Fahrenheit.

This is occurring with two a/c’s from different brands. And everything works normally when I use the sensibo app. I have the first generation pods, and the most recent version of your device handler and smartapp.

Any ideas?

Do your A/C are farenheit native or they are celcius but you have only change the unit in Sensibo app?

Eric

Both a/c’s are Fahrenheit, I’m in the US. I can use each a/c’s native remote, and the sensibo app, to increase/decrease by 1 degree Fahrenheit without any problems. Sensibo app is set to Fahrenheit.

@Brutalboy I thinking that my problem is how I’m getting the API? I not sure that I’m naming it correctly.

Hi @Brutalboy

I just recently installed the Sensibo Sky and got it configured with SmartThings. I’m running into an issue with the Auto thermostat mode.

Sensibo allows the auto mode to substitute for “energy saver”/“econ” with Frigidaire window ACs. I saw in the DTH code that you had commented out the auto setting. I tried reenabling it and making the necessary tweaks to NextState values and updating the commands to reflect this change, however although the device correctly reads “auto” when the Sensibo is set to that setting externally, I’m not able to actually set the auto mode through SmartThings. I don’t use “heat” or “dry” and I even tried commenting out those values.

The device is throwing an error message: “FAILED to set or get the AC State” when I attempt to set the mode to “auto.” Then the mode button then gets stuck at “fan only” and I can’t set it back to “cool” or anything else within SmartThings. I’m certainly not a Groovy expert so it’s likely I’m missing a setting (or a few) somewhere. Can you please offer some guidance? Thank you.

The api key is listed in your account here:
https://home.sensibo.com/me/api

Auto mode is a work-in-progress. This is why it is commented. I have some issue with auto mode at this moment and did not have any time to to debug it.

My A/C is also supporting auto mode but I’m missing time to test and do it.

I have updated the code guys and @jerrydiaz11

Please test the auto mode now.

Please use the MSA-635-1 repository: https://github.com/EricG66/SmartThingsPublic/tree/MSA-635-1/devicetypes/ericg66/sensibopod.src

I have updated only the DeviceHandler today

@Brutalboy any other thought as to why I’m seeing that strange behavior with temp changes going up/down by 2 degrees Fahrenheit, but only from the ST app, and only when the a/c setpoint is currently an odd number? Thanks.

not yet. I will test soon.

Have you tried the version from today. I changed something that may affect it.

Eric

Not yet. Now that I’m home I can try it out and let you know. Thanks.

Just tried publishing the new version. That doesn’t seem to make a difference with the temperature set point issue I’m having.

Hi @Brutalboy

I really appreciate your hard work man. But I uninstalled the device, updated the DTH and reinstalled it. I’m still having the same issue where it just gets stuck on fan only mode.

The button’s icon/bkgrd continue to update correctly but after fan only, the rest of the interface seems to freeze and no commands work from any of the controls except powering off, with the inability to power back on. It’s also still throwing the “Failed to set or get the Ac State” error.

If your ac is set to cool (via sensibo app) and you do a refresh in ST, do it show the correct state?

Do it is always stay on fan only mode or only after you have cycle thru mode and after it reach fan only, it stay there?

Have you commented any line of code?.

I need a kind of workflow. I will also ask you to run a Rest command to check your ac capabilities. For this part, please do it in pvt msg

Eric

For @jerrydiaz11 and @marktheknife

Please run this following in a browser (it will help me to investigate the issue):

To get the PodID :
https://home.sensibo.com/api/v2/users/me/pods?apiKey=&fields=id,room

To get the capabilities of the Pod :
https://home.sensibo.com/api/v2/pods/?apiKey=&fields=remoteCapabilities,productModel

Send me the second result in a txt file in private msg.

Reply to @Brutalboy / FYI @marktheknife

Thanks Eric, I sent you a private message with the requested info.

Mark -
The 2nd URL to get the capabilities also requires the PodID you got from the 1st. i.e.,
https://home.sensibo.com/api/v2/pods/[PodID]/?[apiKey]=&fields=remoteCapabilities,productModel
Also the community board limits message attachments to image files I just learned. I just pasted the results into the PM.

Please update the SmartApp from today update (5 min ago). I made a quick change. hope it will fix it.

Eric

I purchased a Sensibo Sky, and have it all set up. I published the app and the device handler, but after I enter my api key, it doesn’t find any pods. I have double-checked the key and entered it multiple times… even tried recreating the key a few times. Anything I am doing wrong? I don’t have to setup the device in smartthings first, right?