[OBSOLETE] Sensibo integration

It should because this is the same API. I will update the app and somebody with Sky can test it for me.

@Brutalboy glad to see youā€™re around.

I only use sensibo for window A/Cs, so Iā€™ve had no use for it all winter and still wonā€™t for another month or two. But I was never able to see the correct Fahrenheit values even with the last update you posted. I think it usually showed current temp in C, and set temp in F.

Do your Sensibo remote is using Farenheit? I removed the code for the ā€œconversionā€ since Sensibo have now built in the Farenheit conversion for their remote

Do you have put your Smarthing Hub to Farenheit as well?

Hi guys,

I will post this week a updated ā€œbetaā€ of the Sensibo integration.

It will have :

• Swing features
  • Fixed the on/off problem

Will work on the farenheit/celcius feature later on.

Yeah my sensibo pods and ST hub are all set to Fahrenheit. Iā€™ll try reinstalling the device handler at some point and see what itā€™s doing.

I will fix the farenheit/celcius bug later on. I want to do the swing and some internal bug fixes before.

Updated version with swing feature integrated.

NOTE: PLEASE UNINSTALL ANY OLD SENSIBO DEVICES IN SMARTTHINGS BEFORE.

Sensibo Connect:
Sensibo Connect

Device Handler:
Device Handler

I will work on the farenheit/celcius feature later on. Iā€™m waiting for some infos from Sensibo.

1 Like

Please wait before installing it. I found a problem.

This is just for let you know that I still working on the Sensibo stuff.

I want to be sure to support most of the new features and integrate the new remoteCapabilities feature from the Sensibo API. This new features will tell my app what are your AC modes,temps values,swing support and will avoid crashing the app. By example, my AC is support dry mode but not all the AC have this mode, so the app will be able to ā€œskipā€ the dry mode in this case. Same thing for swing and temperatures

Hi @Brutalboy, im about to install my sensibo and wanted to know if the code in github is stable.
PS: Great work on this device, thanks!!

If you are using this tree, it should be stable:

and

Let me know if not.

Great! trying now.
Just one thing, how do i add the device to ā€œthingsā€? cant remember how i did last time :confused:

To install:

You have to use the Smart app.

There is 2 parts, the smart app and the device handlers. The smartapp will add the things for you.

Here the full steps

1- Connect to https://graph.api.smartthings.com with your account
2- Go to "My SmartApps"
3- Click ā€œNew SmartAppsā€ and use FROM CODE method and paste the SmartApp code
4- Click ā€œSaveā€ and "Publish for me"
5- Go to "My Device Types"
6- Click ā€œNew Device Typeā€ and use FROM CODE method and paste the devicetype code
7- Click ā€œSaveā€ and "Publish for me"
8- On your device, go in marketplace - SmartApps - My Apps and select Sensibo (Connect)
9- Get your api key from https://home.sensibo.com/me/api

Hi there,

really appreciate the app for integrating in sensibo to ST. Will you be migrating to the forthcoming Sensibo Sky units and any changes anticipated? Interested in your thoughts on the +/-s - looks like an upgrade from the old devices requires decommissioning of the old devices from what I can see.

Would like to see more of a roadmap for what else is on their roadmap - to take advantage of the update, because at present just seems like more reliable as-is function

Interested to know your thoughts,

The API is the same for SKY or Pod. My integration should work on both.

To have a roadmap, go to the Sensibo beta testers group in Facebook and ask.

I see 2 advantages of the SKY: No more batteries and auto-sync with the original remote control.

I have no plan to upgrade for now

Me neither. Although Iā€™m tempted, I spent nearly 500 bucks a year ago for three pods plus shipping. So even with their discount to upgrade, Iā€™d be looking at another $180 now. I might upgrade when one or more of my old pods stops working.

Yeah I did that, but nothing appears under "things"
Strange thought, last time (like a year ago) worked perfectly.
Any suggestion?

Let me check again. I will retest the whole process again.

I just tested and all is good here.

You have copy/paste the code for the smartapps and the device handler?

You have run the smartapp (from a phone/tablet) and entered your apikey and select yours pods and click done? You got a ā€œgreenā€ bar to tell you this is good to go?