[OBSOLETE] Sensibo integration

@joshua_lyon @wasim_s
I have already found where it failing. It will be different than described here but I will correctly implement the switch attributes. Stay tune during the current week.

Thank for the feedback to improve the Sensibo tool

@joshua_lyon @wasim_s @joel_eggenhuize

My Sensibo Smartthing integration has been updated

3 Likes

thank you! Do we just copy paste the new code for connect and pod (override existing code)?

I didnā€™t realise they had updated - did it break the integration?

EDIT: love the new info on the device!!

Yes just replace all code, save and publish for me.

Sometime you need to remove the devices from smartthings and re-add them.

Let me know how it goes.

@Brutalboy thank you so much for all the effort in putting this together! Received my Sensibo kit yesterday, took less than 10 mins to set it all up and it just works! Thank you!

Hi, first of all thanks alot for sharing your project. I want to automatically change the Sensibo pod temperature settings depending on the room temperature and i searched everywhere for a smart app that can do that but i didnā€™t find any. Do you know any apps that can help me with that. Thanks

You have tried the Temperature Director?

Im using this to control 6 pods and its great. One thing is that im using alexa to turn off / on the acā€™s.

Alexa reports that the sensor is not responding on on or off tasks - but the acs turn off / on anyway.

I also have a question, how cab i get alexa to change the temperature? I can tell alexa to raise lower temperatureā€¦ But there is no beep from the ac.it is only reflected in the sensibo app and executed on the next power cycle.

Thanks again for the appā€¦ Its awesome

Hi,

I do not use the Amazon Alexa so I cannot help you. My smartthing integration has been fixed for the on/off events. The latest version can response to these events. Not sure how Alexa is working but every time you are sending a temperature command to my app, it will also send the on event to start the AC.

@Brutalboy I think you mean Thermostat Mode Director, yes i did tried it, this app changes the mode not the temperature level. Thanks for your help.

I created a virtual button / switch with a specific temperature setting, i.e 22 deg, 23 deg via the virtual switch app. I then link this to alexa / smarthings and it triggers the different temperatures. Perhaps you can try creating the virtual switch and have an app trigger the switch for what temperature you want.

Unfortunealtley i havenā€™t figured out how to change the mode via virtual switch.

hi @Brutalboy i install everything but went i access to the pod on the smartthins app it crash an say a message this
crash manager sumited report could you help me regards

Are you using hub v2 or v1? My app is for v2 only.

You installed both? The smart app and device type?

Yes Mi hub is v2 and yes I install both one on the smart app and the other on my device handlers let me know is if ok or you have a new version

This seems to work with my v1 hub. I just installed a sensibo hub and pod, then your smartapp and DTH. I can control my window a/c now with both the sensibo app and the ST mobile app. I havenā€™t tried to set the push notifications for temp/humidity yet. And I havenā€™t tried to control it via another smartapp like smart lighting or rule machine. But so far itā€™s very nice, thanks for making it and sharing!

Thanks especially for including support for Fahrenheit. Am I dumb, or is it impossible to change Sensiboā€™s native temperature units from Celsius to Fahrenheit? I just sent support an email after setting my first pod up asking them about this.

Hmm, so it turns out there is a setting to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius in the sensibo app pod settings menu. But I could swear that setting wasnā€™t actually there when I first setup my pod, it just appeared at some point. Very odd.

Now my sensibo app is in Fahrenheit, but that seems to have messed up the temperature setpoint in my ST integration. When sensibo was in celsius, the smartapp was reporting the correct temperature setpoint in fahrenheit. But with Sensibo in Fahrenheit, the smartapp now thinks my pod is set to 172 degrees fahrenheit!! The smartapp is reporting the current room temperature correctly in fahrenheit, itā€™s just the setpoint that seems to be messed up.

@Brutalboy what can I do to get the correct temperature setpoint? Thanks!

Hi,

You can easily find in the code the function that is doing the C to F and the F to C conversion. Just tweak/modify it :slight_smile: if you need to know how, let me know.

Awesome, thanks. I will take a look but thereā€™s good chance Iā€™ll have no idea what Iā€™m looking at. Iā€™ll let you know if I need more help. Thanks again for developing this!

OK I looked through the code and I see five areas that seem to refer to celsius, fahrenheit or temperature units

Line 40: def TemperatureUnit() { return location.temperatureScale }

Line 538: tData.data.temperatureUnit = TemperatureUnit()

Lines 578-581:
def stemp = stat.acState.targetTemperature.toInteger()
if (TemperatureUnit() == ā€œFā€) {
stemp = Math.round(cToF(stemp))

Lines 727-730:
def stemp = stat.temperature.toDouble()
if (TemperatureUnit() == ā€œFā€) {
//stemp = Math.round(cToF(stemp))
stemp = cToF(stemp).round(1)

Lines 831-836:
def cToF(temp) {
return (temp * 1.8 + 32).toDouble()
}

def fToC(temp) {
return ((temp - 32) / 1.8).toDouble()

I tried flipping the equations on those last two lines. That gives me the correct setpoint in celsius, and the current temperature is now way off (incorrect temp in both fahrenheit and celsius). Clearly somewhere in there the app is making the conversion between C and F, but if my sensibo data is reported in F in the first place, then it would just make sense to remove the lines in the app that make it perform the unit conversion. If you could point those out Iā€™d appreciate it.

Give some days and I will post an updated version since they have added the support for farenheit inside sensiboā€¦I created my ST app before they add support farenheitā€¦