[OBSOLETE] Sensibo integration

Thank you very much. I’m planning on buying them and will test this!

Hi there.
Great job you have done here. I think I might be having issues. How often am I supposed to get activity feeV1d window on Home/Notifications/Activity Feed? I get bunch of messages every 5 minutes when the Air Conditioner is On. Is that normal? That doesnt affect the battery? My sensibo is V1.

My integration is doing reading every 5 min. This can be changed in the code if needed.

I will send the info tomorrow or tuesday.

Eric

-------- Message d’origine --------

Hey… Please remember me.

Check in the SmartApps and look for line 414 and 495 or find the following line of code (at 2 places in the code):

runEvery5Minutes(“refreshDevices”)

Replace it with one of the following: (please keep the “refreshDevices”)

runEvery1Minute()
runEvery5Minutes()
runEvery10Minutes()
runEvery15Minutes()
runEvery30Minutes()
runEvery1Hour()
runEvery3Hours()

Example : runEvery30Minutes(“refreshDevices”)

Hi,

I am currently getting 11 updates in quick succession (1 update being a set of temperature, humidity, mode etc) at every refresh, why is this? Is it just me and my setup, or are other getting the same?

When this is happening? When you click refresh in app? Each refresh contain 7 events for 1 pod.

How many pods you have?

Do your pod are part of others smartapps in ST?

Using which version of ST hub? Using v1 or v2 pod?

Eric

First, it looks more relaxed today, maybe the DaylightSavings-issue trolled me. The output today can be seen in the log below. Yesterday it did this multiple times for every refresh interval.

1 pod (skyv2), v2 hub, Sensibo (Connect) refreshing every 30 minutes, no other app running (afaik…)

Log

sensibo-log

Hi again,

Can I somehow skip the periodic update of Sensibo.mode(heat, cool etc)? It is messing with my Webcore use of Location.mode (away, home, night).

Hi! First of all thanks for all the work yo have put into developing this SmartApp! Here is my problem:

I had installed Classic pods, they never worked fine, I desisted but I bought a new set of Sky pods. I deleted it (or I thought I did!) the handler and the app from the Phone App and then started the process like new system. Previously the new pods were added successfully to the Sensibo App. At some point I saw the pods in the ST App but it never worked from there, the pods don’t blink or anything, no comm from the ST to the pods. I tried changing the API but no success, even the pods have disappeared from the ST App. What am I doing wrong? I tried again unstalling everything but the Sensibo SmartApp is always there. I’m stuck! Please help! Thanks!!

PS. Hub V2 & iOS.

I have this exact same problem (unable to select the pods in initial smart app setup). Doesn’t seem to matter what I do. Looking at the code it seems that it should be saying “Tap to choose”, but instead I get the message “You can’t currently add this”.
My API key works using the “https://home.sensibo.com/api/v2/users/me/pods?apiKey=myapikeyhere&fields=id,room” URL. It lists both of my pods fine…I’m at a loss.

EDIT: Do you seriously have to name your API key “apikey”. I tried a million different names for the API key on the sensibo site. This last one I finally called it “apikey” and it seems to have worked. Maybe update the instructions at the top of the thread? Also, it’s “My Device Handlers” now not “My Device Types”. Unless I’m missing something else.

@hodgeac I had the same problem and then I when back to create a api at Sensibo Website and I named it SmartThings and it work after that. I really don’t know why it didn’t work with other names but it did not and it only work when I use the name SmartThings?. Try that and see if it works for you.

Hi everyone

Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I have been using the Sensibo Sky (4 seperate a/c units) for a while now with success via the Sensibo App. It’s been great.

I have just purchased the SmartThings Hub which I’ve never used before but as I have several different Smart devices in the home (including Sensibo), I hope to be able to set this up successfully for all my devices. Most devices have been automatically “found”, obviously not the Sensibo one.

Thank you to @Brutalboy who it seems has done and awesome job in successfully getting Sensibo to play nice with SmartThings which is awesome! (Not sure why Sensibo don’t do this themselves?).

Anyway I am hoping someone could spare a little bit of their time to step out the best current method on exactly how to add my 4 Sensibo Sky devices to SmartThings. I’ve looked through the thread and Im completely lost on what I actually need to do AND which are the most recent/up-to-date steps/links I need to follow.

I would so very much appreciate if someone could write out a quick step-by-step guide on what I need to do in simple English for someone who is not in the know with all this stuff! If there’s already an easy to follow step-to-step guide somewhere in the thread could you please point me to it.

Thank you so much!

Hi,

I am really busy at this moment. I will try to help you over the week end or next week

Eric

Hi Eric

Totally did not expect for you to do it, can imagine how busy you are already.

Was referring to anyone else out there who had the time.

Use the repo linked in this post above

And read this thread to learn more about the use of custom code in SmartThings

1 Like

Here the steps (use the repository at https://github.com/EricG66/SmartThingsPublic/tree/MSA-635-1)

To install:

1- Connect to https://graph.api.smartthings.com with your account
2- Go to "My SmartApps"
3- Click “New SmartApps” and use FROM CODE method and paste the SmartApp code
4- Click “Save” and "Publish for me"
5- Go to "My Device Types"
6- Click “New Device Type” and use FROM CODE method and paste the devicetype code
7- Click “Save” and "Publish for me"
8- On your device, go in marketplace - SmartApps - My Apps and select Sensibo (Connect)
9- Get your api key from https://home.sensibo.com/me/api

1 Like

@Brutalboy

Thank you for taking the time to help step me through this process.

This is going to highlight how little I understand. For Step 3 (and 6), where exactly do I copy the SmartApp/DeviceType code from - Im not sure where/what I should be copying? Sorry its probably very obvious to someone who knows what their doing - I obviously have no idea. Could you point me in the right direction please to get the 2 pieces of code to paste.

I went to https://github.com/EricG66/SmartThingsPublic/tree/MSA-635-1 but have absolutely no idea what that is! I downloaded the zip file but still couldn’t find any Code there.

I assume once I paste the SmartApp and DeviceType code, the Sensibo (Connect) will appear in My Apps as per Step 8?

Also not to waste time, in regards to Step 9, I went to the link and logged in, but there were no API keys listed? Will this only be available after I do the other Steps first or should I be seeing some sort of key/number? Under “Your API keys” there is nothing under “Name” or “Key”.

Sorry Im sure you have much better things to deal but really appreciate your time and help.

In the GitHub repo you have to click the “raw” button and then copy the code from there (for both the smartapp and the device handler).

Did you read the FAQ I linked to? It explains how to install a custom device handler and smartapp in step-by-step detail.

As for the API key, on the sensibo website you have to create a new api key. Then copy the key that it spits out into your smartapp.

For the SmartApp code:
Go there and copy all the code in the clipboard and paste it at step 3

For the Device Handler code :

Go there and copy all the code in the clipboard and paste at step 6

Once you have done step 4 and 7, at step 8, you will see the “Sensibo (Connect)” available.

For Step 9, click Add key