Seenote - future implementation

Interesting concept, we will have to keep an eye on this. https://www.getseenote.com/

Very good idea, I going to post a new topic but seen your topic. This is great device to display SmartThings dashboard control

Definitely looks interesting, although it’s still in pre-release and they’re not even scheduled to start shipping until "spring of 2017. That’s a long ways off.

I do wonder if it has a scrolling feature. Some of these electronic doodle pads just overwrite what was previously there, which can cause messages to get lost. I don’t know if that’s true of this one or not, though.

It does suffer from the same issue that affects most battery powered Wi-Fi devices – – the batteries just don’t last long. They are suggesting that it will need to be recharged once a month, which might be OK if that turns out to be accurate. But it’s a lot easier to remember to recharge once a month than once every three weeks, so we’ll just have to wait and see how it goes. It’s likely it will be one of those things where the more you use it, the more often you have to recharge it.

You could already do everything it does at half the price with an inexpensive android tablet, but then you have the power issue.

So I like the form factor and the approach. And it seems to have a realistic set of features. We’ll just have to see what actually gets delivered. :sunglasses: