Seeking advice on automating mini-splits (2021)

First I’ve heard of the Bond hubs, but they seem interesting.

You have me curious about the contact sensor thing. I have 10 or so Zigbee window/door sensors aching to be transformed into something. All but my ducted indoor unit give an audible beep when receiving IR commands, which might be a good place to experiment with them… other than that, the louvers close when powered off and open when powered on.

This is why I like this forum, so many good ideas.

1 Like

Yea, I want to be able to control my mini-splits in Mexico from Chicago. What I don’t want is an accidental double-tab causing the things to be ON when I think they are OFF. I found the Aqara contact sensors cheap, small, light, and the battery lasts forever (close to 2 years). Easy way to know when the louvers are open or closed. Cheap confirmation.

So, sounds like the next trip down, I’m bringing 4 Broadlink RM Mini3s and a POS Android box. Even if I don’t integrate into ST, I’ll have control and ST will provide confirmation. Anyone wants to buy a never-used RM Pro+? I don’t have RF stuff.

1 Like

Are there any mini-splits, outside of Samsung Room Air Conditioners which I can’t find, that work natively with SmartThings? I am eyeballing this one from Amazon:

Also looking at this one becuase it’s black and going into my HT.