Monitored Security system with existing SmartThings sensors?

I don’t know of any monitored security system in the US except the official Scout integration that will respond to events reported by the standard smartthings home automation system sensors, as the sensors are not UL listed for security systems and generally not considered reliable enough to avoid false alarms. So I don’t think you’ll be able to use them with a professionally monitored system unless you choose the scout integration.

Instead, the other systems that have central monitoring, including, for example, Abode and even SmartThings’ own ADT model, all use their own proprietary sensors specifically for triggering caals to the monitoring center.

In some cases, including Abode and the smartthings/ADT System you will be able to add your SmartThings sensors to the home automation rules such as turning on lights. But you won’t be able to use them to trigger calls to the monitoring center.

I know that’s probably not the answer that you wanted, but I think it does apply to pretty much all the existing systems out there. If you find one that is different, post and let us know.

Here’s an FAQ on the SmartThings/ADT panel which explains how the different sensors can work with the system. I think this is pretty typical.