[OBSOLETE] Securifi SZ-PIR02 motion sensor

@ssozonoff, have you any ideas why the sensor may be taking a couple of seconds to report in to SmartThings? is there any kind of delay in the DH?

The device itself is flashing almost instantly. The logs show that the time in between sensor ACTIVE and Lighting Director switching on the light is within milliseconds, so the delay must be in the handling of the sensor data… any ideas?

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I cannot seem to add the SZ-DWS02 to Smartthings. I’ve recently come over from an Almond+, and I’ve begun transferring over my devices. I successfully removed this device from my Almond, but cannot get Smartthings to accept it. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Zack

Zack,

Are you saying that you can’t get the sensor to even associate with the SmartThings hub?

I don’t have a DWS but I do remember that I had some difficulty with the motion sensor that had been associated with my Almond+. I held down the join button for more than 10 seconds and then after that I was able to hold down the join button again for maybe 3 seconds to putt it into join mode and then the SmartThings Hub found it.

Is that the step you are having problems with or something else?

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Yes, I cannot seem to get the sensor to even associate with the Smartthings hub. I tried it back on my Almond+, and I was able to successfully associate and exclude the sensor without much issue. I’ll try it up again and see if I can get it to take.

• Zack

Is this device handler still working? I have paired and unpaired this sensor about a dozen times resetting power cycling deleted the device handler re added it etc. It pairs no problem but its always reporting motion/open. It does not even report motion once. Am I doing something wrong?

For any one else who might stumble upon this I was able to get it to work by setting device type as
SmartSense Motion the first one in the list as there is two. seems to be working for me now

Hi there.

Picked up a couple of these things cheap on Amazon and ST was able to detect no problem, and installed Serge’s second (latest) Device Handler.

In the ST App, both motions simply show MOTION and don’t change.

I also tried SmartSense Motion and SmartSense Motion Sensor per someones recommendations but they still show motion.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi there.

Picked up a couple of these things cheap on Amazon and ST was able to detect no problem, and installed Serge’s second (latest) Device Handler.

In the ST App, both motions simply show MOTION and don’t change.

I also tried SmartSense Motion and SmartSense Motion Sensor per someones recommendations but they still show motion.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Let me guess you picked them up on amazon.ca when they were like 16bux. Did you buy your smartthings from my rfd post too lol? I found that using smartsense motion (the first one in the list) seemed to work after letting it sit for a little bit. I was able to get 2 of the cheap amazon ones to work that way. otherwise they just sat there and detected motion the whole time

Yes I got them from Amazon for $16. Not sure what RFD is though.

So you didn’t get them to work either? Return I guess!

hi,

i have a problem with Securifi SZ-PIR02. With the code posted above, the application always gives me the status MOTION. how can i fix it ?

i hope in your help!

Thank you.