Schlage Smartlocks: setting up complex rules?

I have two Schlage Smartlocks on two doors within a few feet of each other, one leading into the Florida room and the other into the main house. I was able to setup an IFTTT that when the outside door is opened that the inside door also opens. I have done the same thing with locking. There are problems with this given different locking and unlocking scenarios and would like it to work only when an authorized code is entered into the lock, vs. a manual open or close from the inside lock knob.
Any thoughts on how this could be accomplished?

First things first: This forum is for people using the Samsung SmartThings home automation platform. So we need to know which model of smartthings hub you are using, which version of the SmartThings mobile app you are using (“smartthings classic” or “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” ), And the exact model of the locks.

As long as you have a Samsung smartthings hub, it’s definitely doable, but the exact features and options do vary somewhat depending on the specific configuration that you have.

Since you are new here, we should also mention that this is a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top if you just Google a general home automation question, but the forum is specific to the Samsung platform, So any answers you get will be in that context.

My mistake, I did not include this. I do have a SmartThings Hub with firmware version 000.021.00013.
Both locks are Schlage Camelot BE469. I use both Smartthings classic (2.16.1 (1437)) and ARTIK Cloud and I also have the new Smartthings application on my iOS IPAD.
I tried searching for this and could not find anything that described what I was looking for.
The situation that is not good, is if someone where to get into the Florida room even with the outside Schlage locked, all they would have to do is turn the inside knob and the main house lock would open. That is why I only want the inside door to open if a code is entered on the outside door.

Also, if we are sitting in the Florida room and lock the outside door with the inside knob, the bolt will extend on the inside door, whether the door is open or closed.

I hope that describes what I am seeking to do. Rules in ARTIK cloud do not seem to be extensive enough to do what I want.

OK, you should be able to do pretty much anything you want with SmartThings classic. :sunglasses:

Start with the following FAQ and see if it helps at all. My guess is you’re going to want to use webcore, in which case you should post your question over on their forum, since that’s where their experts hang out.

In addition to the rules logic, you may also need one of the specialty device type handlers/smartapps for the locks In order to expose things like the difference between a manual open and a code open. There are two very popular ones. One is Erik Thayer’s free version, Lock Manager. @rboy also offers a very popular paid version behind his paywall. Both are good, it just depends on the exact features that you need.

You can find these listed on the “quick browse“ lists in the community – created wiki.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

But start with the FAQ first, and if you do decide to use web core, talk to them about your specific goals as they may also have advice for the best DTH. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have been a user of @RBoy’s lock management app for over a year and really enjoy the features. It will do what you require out the gate and allow you to maintain the codes on both locks. Here are custom actions that can happen if a lock is unlocked as an example:

2 Likes

Webcore can indeed get you there. I use the ethayer lock manager, and while it does not expose codes to the automations it exposes code slots.

What this means is that you can have an automation that says “if schlage A unlocked with code slot 4, then unlock schlage B; if schlage A unlocked with any other method or code slot, then leave schlage B as-is”

2 Likes

If you’re looking at more complex lock synchronization scenarios you can also check out this app:

2 Likes