Schlage first class citizen?

Are there any plans to improve the support of the Schlage connect system? I love my smartthings set up, but the lock integration is the most important thing for me. The simple ability to trigger “home” by entering the code and “away” by locking the door from the outside (Schlage button) would transform my usage of smartthings

It seems that wink has this support, is this something that will be added buy smartthings?

Try this

2 Likes

Thank you,
It appears that this does not totally solve my problem… Seems to have two issues: first is and then it does not explicitly support Schlage… But I’m not sure if that’s really an issue because of my second issue, the interpreter throws an error that I don’t quite understand:

No signature of method: script1451672847205562582541.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1451672847205562582541$_run_closure1) values: [script1451672847205562582541$_run_closure1@4a9958db] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Have you use this smart app with a Schlage Camelot?

Excellent, thank you.

Did you create the smartapp in the IDE and then change the device type of the lock?

Edit: you only have to change the device type if you want to use his device type the default device type should work just fine. With the Schlage I would recommend it because it offers more functionality.

1 Like

Jamie
Hi Jamie this is tremendously useful… It looks like I got it working. I’m a little bit embarrassed, I just now realized why was not working. I was trying to load the device type as an app…

@ethayer looks like a good app… Still have a little bit of work to do get it functioning the way I want it. one note for you. if it is possible to set “goodbye” to the external lock button. In the case of the Schlage it is the “schlage” button on the keypad. yes i understand that I can learn groovy, but I struggle with these newfangled languages… :smile:

1 Like

That is a good question. I never thought of using the Schlage button as a separate action to run a Routine. I’m interested in this as well, I don’t think you can currently do it with Eric’s code. Eric can correct me if I’m wrong.

I run my GoodBye routine using my phone as a presence sensor. When the phone leaves it triggers the GoodBye routine. Note: Presence is kind of flaky at the moment and you may get false positives which will cause some routines to run when you don’t want them to. To get around this I use my phone and the SmartThings presence sensor which I tied together so it appears as one device. I use @bridaus code ‘Reliable Presence’ to do this.

Thanks Jamie, we have friends, babysitters etc. that come to the house when I am not there, so I am trying to avoid the app as a solution. I also like the idea that the the keypad can consolidate the alarm keypad and the lock. This solves half of that problem.

Have you looked at Rule Machine? It is a community built rules engine which may solve the majority of your problems or not. Just throwing it out there.

I’d love to set this up, but when I click on the link in step 4 “Copy from github” it takes me to a page that simply says 'Not Found". Any thoughts?