Schlage Connect Deadbolt, SmartThings Hub v2 - How to Program from SmartThings?

Thanks a lot for the info on these additional apps. I’m looking into them now. :smile:

1 Like

Oh, one other bit of info. ST Support said they’re not going to merge SmartThings and Samsung accounts for those of us who have both. Apparently we’re to abandon our ST accounts.

hmmm, i think that’s some bad information. There is currently a (very slow) migration happening since a Samsung Account is required.

3 Likes

The answer from @twokatmew is still the correct solution. I continue to need to use both the old and new apps since I can only manage Schlage lock codes in the old app. However, I was able to register the lock using the new app.

One note is that if you’re moving the Schlage Connect Deadbolt from the old Smart Things Hub to the new Samsung ST WiFi mesh you need to follow the zwave exclusion steps to de-register the lock first before enrolling it again. You can use the new app for the zwave exclusion step and enrollment. Worked fine.

Which smartapp do you use?

Smart Locks in Classic and Smart Lock Guest Access in STSC allow you to set codes for locks in both apps.

Android , I use both SmartThings apps

I meant which SmartApp in the ST app do you use to manage your locks?

The SmartThings Smart Locks one in the safety and security section of the classic app.

ST has released a new Smart Lock Guest Access for the STSC app which works with the Smart Locks in Classic. So you can manage codes from both apps now

Great! Didn’t think to look for apps in “automations” but I found it and it works just like in classic. Thanks! Now I don’t need the classic app.

Yes is this poorly designed software or what??? I was able to use the regular ST app (not Classic) but it was not intuitive at all. You also have to do this step: Add SmartApp > Smart Lock Guest Access. Then click on the Locks drop down menu at the top in order to see “Lock codes.” From there you have the option to “Invite Guest” - that means create a new code. You can also delete a code by clicking on the guest name but you cannot modify a code. Also if you duplicate a code number you’ll get an error but how can you keep track if you can’t see what the codes are or modify them??? So dumb. Also the default codes that come with the lock are lost forever if you delete them by accident.