Schlage camelot lock not responding

I had the same issues and could not fix the problem after working on it for a few hours. I contacted Schlage customer support and the rep patiently walked me through the process.

1. The Schlage lock will need to be uninstalled from the door or be placed in very close proximity to the hub.
  2. Reset lock to original factory setting.
  3. Go to the app and go to “General Device Exclusion” and initiate.
  4. Try pairing the Schage lock once again.

I had to repeat pairing the Schlage lock 4 to 5 times before it worked.

1 Like

Walter I just wanted to give you a +1 on this solution for the Wink users out there. I spent countless hours and was about to throw out my Wink and purchase another device. I think the key really was making sure you do an ‘exclude’ command on your hub while it is very close to your lock. During the exclude command make sure you attempt to pair once. My lock finally gave me a green check instead of the red x. That would break the Schlage lock out of the crazy cycle of unable to pair with your hub. After paring you might run into issues with the lock not taking your commands. In that case I ran the remove / replace failed node option on the lock itself. I hope this helps other Schlage users having pair issues with their Zwave hub. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Glad to help. It took me hours to get it to work. I just passed it along.

1 Like

My Schlage lock has been working for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped responding to commands but we show me the state of the lock. I tried removing and adding it several times. I use Rboy’s app and device hander. I followed everyone’s suggestions to include having my hub within a foot of the lock. Eventually I figured out that I had to:

1. Exclude the Lock from Smartthings
  2. Do a factory reset on the lock
  3. Remove Rboy’s device handler
  4. Have the lock about a foot away from the hub
  5. Add the lock.

Then I was able to get two way commo going again. However, I wanted to use Rboy’s app and device handler.

1. Remove the lock from smartthings again
  2. Now add back Rboy’s device handler
  3. Add the lock again as above.

Now everything works again.

1 Like

Chiming in to say that Z-wave repair resolved my issues without any resets, removes or replaces, so give that a shot first!

This worked for me thanks

The thing i want to add is a link to how to issue the general exclude.

I’ve tried the suggestions in this thread but my lock status is never updated when manually locked / unlocked. This has never worked and I’ve unpaired and repaired my z-wave network so now its time to call Schlange / take it back. It works fine when using the ST apps but then the status gets out of sync when anyone manually touches the lock. I’m not doing it fast,.

Wow I just did another hail marry repair and nows its working as expected.

1 Like

Hi Ian, what is the hail mary repair you tried? I have a lock that inconsistent in reporting manual events and would like to try whatever you tried.

I removed the device and then successfully re-added it following all the instructions in this thread. After all of that I did a z-Wave repair. I waited until the ST app reported that the repair had completed. I thought that solved my problems but it still seems to be intermittent or occasionaly slow at reporting status. That said Smartthings reported some issues today and it seems better this evening so I’ll keep an eye on it. If it isn’t resolved I will try a different lock. This is the 2nd Connect lock I own. The first works great and reports manual lock / unlocks very quickly. This one is next to two GE light switches and directly above the ST hub.

I seem to observe that sometimes the manual lock/unlock doesn’t register. When I refresh the ST app the lock reports the correct lock/unlock status. This an improvement compared to before removing/re-adding the device as before it wouldn’t update even when refreshing the app. Previously I didn’t have any manual actions in the event log. I’ve noticed when the manual event isn’t registered straight away it doesn’t say that it was manually locked/unlocked in the event log just locked/unlocked. So I think that indicates that the manual lock/unlock is not being registered its just the refresh which is now reporting the correct status.

I actually bought two schlange smart locks.

1. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-Century-Satin-Chrome-Connect-Smart-Lock-with-Alarm-BE469NX-CEN-626/203814069
    2)https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schlage-Century-Satin-Chrome-Connect-Smart-Lock-BE468-CEN-626/300980609

I originally purchased item 2, but after some googling decided to buy item 1 as it is similar to the one I already had & they seem to have simply removed the alarm to cheapen it up. They wouldn’t cancel my order so I ended up with two. Anyway 1 has been giving me a headache and was never really working as well as the lock I already had. So I decided to install item 2 to see if there was any difference. This one seems to work much better. It reports Manual lock/unlock as soon as I’ve done it. So far I haven’t seen any intermittent results but I haven’t used it for an extended time. My conclusion is that item 1 is faulty.

Amazing. I was set to try a bunch of this stuff when I saw your post. Z-wave repair solved my issue too!!!

For ref: my issue was that the lock was pairing with ST but it would not lock or unlock from the app or system.

Has, anyone gotten this to work with the Schlage Camelot Connect Lock with Alarm? Mine always reports the status is unlocked. It will control the lock , but if I unlock and lock real quick it shows locked for two seconds and then goes back to unlocked. So, I did notice if the door is opened inward which brings it closer to the hub (thru walls) the lock status is accurate. So, that led me to believe that I need a range extender. I bought the Aeotech V6 extender. I removed through exclusion the lock. Added the extender in secure mode, repaired the network, and then added the lock. It did not work - even after multiple repairs - it appears like the lock isn’t going thru the extender (not lighting up blue when I issue the command). This is very frustrating to say the least.

Any one try anything different? Or have any ideas

You can read this article reference. Why is my Schlage lock not working?. Hopefully, this guide gives you a better understanding of why your smart lock is experiencing problems and what you should do when these problems occur.