Schedule not working

“Goodbye” finally fired, 3 hours late.

Just got an email saying they have identified the issue.

Thanks @smart. I am eager to become part of the community as opposed to just complaining when something goes wrong. I have a java background and am working on my own version of the gentle wake app that allows the user to select the brightness and interval. I plan a lot more home automation beyond the current light switches. I am currently in the tech industry, for my customers anything less than 99.9% uptime is not acceptable. I contacted support and requested that they update the status page for scheduled events if there was indeed a problem. As @allison said they sent an email as well. During outages communication is of the utmost importance.

Agreed! 20 characters.

I had Vera before switching to SmartThings. It worked very reliably for me and it also has a great community and very broad array of supported device. Only two things were bugging me - lack of a decent mobile app and remote access (short of punching a hole in the firewall) and no virtually no “official” support. Oh, and the web UI is butt ugly, but at least there is one. :smile:

Scheduled events are working again for me. How about everyone else?

They have been stable for the last several minutes for me too, yes.

A few days later and events are still working well!

Well my “Goodnight” command worked on time for a few days. Tonight is was 15 mins late!

Same here, seeing delays since the last night again. The party didn’t last very long it seems :frowning:

Better late than never; didn’t get 3 notifications regarding garage door state between 5 and 6pm yesterday.

Nuthin’

Edit: Happened again last night (11/7) about the same time. Over a 10 minute delay from a schedule set from GD sensor movment had it telling me I left the door open when I hadn’t.

FYI, my scheduling problem has gotten worse in the past three days. I have programmed a switch to turn off at 8 PM and turn on at 10 PM every night. For the past three nights the ‘Off’ event triggered with delay varying from 2 to 6 minutes, while the ‘On’ event have not triggered at all.

Nov 6. OFF: 8:07 PM, ON: 10:00 PM
Nov 7. OFF: 8:06 PM, ON - didn’t fire
Nov 8. OFF: 8:00 PM, ON - didn’t fire
Nov 9. OFF: 8:02 PM, ON - didn’t fire

Sent request to support again.

I had to LOL last night. I left in the afternoon and my runOnce scheduled for now+20 seconds never fired (seems it wasn’t ever scheduled).

But when I got back in the evening, I got the notification as soon as I opened the door. Now the door takes 16 seconds to open, but got the notification on my phone before it was even halfway open. Guessing runOnce was scheduled, but it did not wait for 20 seconds. Tried this several times afterwards and saw the same behavior.

@scottinpollock @geko

I am sure ST hates you! Just kidding! :slight_smile: Don’t slaughter me if I say that my scheduled events trigerred on the dot! Guess you guys are too smart for the ST.

It’s a different issue that my Sonos started playing music instead of front door is opened when I came home this evening. :wink:

I am sure they hate me too (along with a number of cheerleaders here), but you may run into this soon as well. There are a number of methods for scheduling events. The one I am having the most frustration with is ‘runOnce()’; the method I use in Refresh MyQ to refresh the MyQ device ‘X’ number of seconds after the door starts moving. I am using runOnce due to another problem with ‘runIn’ setting schedules for a duration shorter than about a minute; they don’t schedule.

The last correspondence I have had from support (yesterday) stated that their system can’t keep up with the current load, and that some form of fix is expected within the next week or so.

So if you don’t want MyQ telling you ya left the GD open when in fact you didn’t (or vice versa), pray for the fix.

@scottinpollock As long as the garage door does not fall on my head or my car! The chamberlain app does notify me though if the door is open or closed or remained open for certain period of time. If I am missing something God help me! :slight_smile:

I have a nasty habit of forgetting whether I closed the GD as I am cruising up the hill towards town. It used to cause me to circle back to double check on it way too often.

So, in the app I have have that shuts everything off when I leave (presence sensor), I have added a handler that checks if the door is open, and if so, notifies me, closes it, and tells me it successfully closed; otherwise it just tells me everything is secure.

With the schedule not running/running late, the notifications are completely screwed up, and I end up pulling over and checking the door via the MyQ app or an IP cam in the garage. Not exactly “smart”.

No clue why your notifications are so slow. For me If there is no outage or if I didn’t screw up something, it simply works.

Like I said, I believe it’s a problem with runOnce, or an issue with schedules set for under a minute.

Are you doing any of that?

Mine are 10 minutes before and 1 minute after. If you can put your situation in simplest of terms like holiday lights on, all lights on, holiday lights off based on something, I can set those for myself for tomorrow and see what happens. Also bear in mind most of my stuff is pretty basic like hues and its family, motion sensors, Sonos, Harmony ultimate homes, multis, outdoor modules, smart energy switches and outlets etc. mostly all Smartthings and Aeon devices. Nothing fancy and complicated like you guys.

And if you can give me an example of run once.

http://solutionsetcetera.com/stuff/STApps/RefreshMyQ.groovy