Scenes Beta!

We are excited about this beta! We have been hard at work on a new Scenes feature that will allow us to make your home smarter and more functional! Because this feature is so important we want your help in beta testing it. We can’t wait to hear what you think! Below are some more details on Scenes and what they do as well as how to can express interest in helping us test!

What are scenes?

• Scenes are a way for you to setup “states” or “scenes” for your home.
    • Right now scenes only works with lights, but we have built scenes from the ground up to work on every device. In the future scenes will allow you to set your home to a preset state on command with little friction.

How do I get started?

• Click here to sign-up for our Centercode beta program. This will grant you access to the scenes beta and allow us to reach out for future betas as we release them.

Thanks in advance for helping us test! We can’t express how valuable your feedback is, and we look forward to doing many more betas with all of you!

17 Likes

does this beta conflict with the hub firmware beta?

I think several Community members deserve royalties :moneybag: :smile:.

October 2014… Hmmm: Exactly 3 years ago!

8 Likes

It shouldn’t on a technical level, but be aware that it may be hard to tell where the bug report should go depending on what is happening… So please use your best judgment as to how helpful you can be to each beta. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Count me in on this one!

1 Like

Will Alexa see a Scene as a Switch? Alexa, turn on Fireplace Romance.

TV Turns of
Fireplace turns on
All lights upstairs go off
Kitchen Island Light goto 10%
Mantel Light goto 8%
Doors Lock
Alarm Sets
Outside Cameras Come on
Pandora Launches favorite romance station
Phones go on Do Not Disturb (hmmmm)
Heat turns up to 72 degrees
Push Notification goes out that says, “Mom and Dad are Spending Quality Time with Each Other”

Oh wait, I already have this set up! Well besides the Phones going on DND but that will be my next project!

I do love the idea of this being a native thing so sign me up!

1 Like

Saw a sneak preview of this on the slack channel. :slight_smile: Looks sweet. Can’t wait to try it.

2 Likes

Hey Ron,
Just create a switch, and when turned on have IFTTT set your phones to mute.

1 Like

Man I love you!

3 Likes

Did the click here.
Now wait.
:snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

This is great news and I’ve signed up. Dare I ask if Hue scenes will be integrated into this?

You may ask!

No, Hue scenes are not natively supported as part of our Scenes feature.

1 Like

Can anyone advise on how long, after acceptance on the program, I should expect to wait for Scenes to become visible in My Home? I got the email about 3 hours ago and at some point in that time I was unable to log in to ST (my user name was not recognised as being valid). It then became available shortly after (I assume something was being done to my account during that time).

Since then I’ve closed the ST app and logged out and in several times and still don’t see the Scenes page. How long should I wait before I raise a bug?

Did you click the link in the e-mail to accept and log into the beta page first? Not sure if that triggers anything, but I did that and then logged out/back in in the mobile app, and they showed up under the My Home tab.

Yeah I did, I clicked on the link, then looked on the beta page but did not find anything else to activate other than clicking the link in the email.

Maybe its because I’m in the UK!

The bug is BUG-0002 which someone had already created.

I must admit I miss my Family tab now that Scenes has replaced it. I am so use to checking it frequently since having all these presence issues with iOS 11.

6 Likes

It’s unfortunate this comes at the expense of the Family tab. Why not add it under Automations and have Routines, SmartApps, & Scenes? That would be a more logical fit anyhow, IMO.

5 Likes

Agree I do miss that, too.

1 Like

How long before you get the acceptance email?

i was kind of surprised too, but just created a new Room and put all my presence devices in it. Serves the same purpose.