So for the past few months I’ve started to look at saving energy as I’m looking at installing my own Solar Panel system so every KwH counts.
Question is - how’s a good way to save money/energy with SmartThings?
I’m in the UK but I guess this can be answered by anyone.
Here’s what I have so far:
- All lights are Philips Hue LEDs (read they are around 5w when fully on)
- Installed CoRE to allow me to set motion detection on the lights in seconds (rather than SmartLightig minutes)
- Hive heating installed and managed through SmartThings (nobody home heating off, door/window open heating off etc)
- Installed WOL (Wake On LAN) and remote shutdown on my PC and Server which turns them off at night and if we are both out and on if I request it.
- Logitech Harmony installed to make sure everything is off in terms of TV etc (need to look at switching off at the plug but that might get in the way of the Harmony)
I will update the above list when I think of a few more ideas I’ve done
Anyone got any further ideas?