[DEPRECATED] Samsung TV support in SmartThings?

Mine did the same.
I got no answer from Samsung.

i have had the same problem with the Samsung TV working fine until a few days ago and has now updated to 1208 and no longer works with ST. not happy

Was Auto updates turned off?

If so and your in the EU. You can tell Samsung to downgrade your software or replace the motherboard.

Yes it was turned off and was still off after it had been updated. I turned it back on now as there is no point now. Though I do have a workaround, during the black Friday sales I grabbed a Harmony Hub for a song. This allows me to have a little more control than the original integration, not purchased for this reason through. Still not very impressed with Samsung and waiting on some feedback from them after a fairly heated discussion on Friday.

Let us know what happens.

FYI ALL

If you have a Chromecast connected to the Series 8 and most likely 7 SmartTV by Samsung, you can tell Google Home to “Turn TV ON”!

Although the Chromecast will power the TV on smartthings has no idea what state my TV is now in which has broken lighting automation routines. Really annoying that they can just decide to Bork the primary feature that made me chose the Samsung TV in the first place.

It’s just one thing after another with this platform. Grumble grumble.

If the Samsung Keynote at the CES is true, we don’t have much time to wait for the complete 1-App integration with SmartThings and Samsung IOT products.

Does anybody have the V2 hub beta firmware? One item in the change log is fixing connections to Samsung Home devices. Curious if that fixed the TVs?

Unfortunately, TVs were not on the list of Samsung Home devices for the hub firmware beta.

Damn, it fixed my robot vacuum. Was hoping it would fix TVs too. They weren’t very specific with “Fix discovery of some Samsung Digital Appliances”.

It fixed my vacuum too. This was the list for Samsung Digital Appliances.

2 Likes

That sucks. I was hoping that we could finally connect our TV’s to the ST hub.

So… my son wrote a Raspberry PI Server/Device Handler that does ON/OFF control (even if the TV has been off for a while). Any interest?

Blah, okay, last tv I bought was the KS8005 for my bedroom, and now I switched out my TV in the living room to a Q65Q8F, none NONE and absolutely none of them comes up on the discovery when searching.
However, the Samsung connect app on my S8 finds them just fine and can control everything…

HI nimrooz. I was also having trouble connecting my TV to the Smartthings hub, I contacted Smartthings directly as they still advertise themselves as having support for Samsung TV. They responded with the following instructions and my TV was picked up immediately by Smartthings, though with limited support;

Log out of your Samsung account on your TV
Reset your TV - Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Rest (WI-FI settings wont be erased)
Enter you Samsung account when prompted
Look for you TV in Smartthings

This worked for me, although with limited functionality, Switch TV off, change channel and volume

No need to reset the whole Tv, just reset the Tv hub which will sign you out of any previous tv signing in, follow the on screen prompts and log back into your smartthings account with your normal smartthings email address and password

Why this is prefered rather than just signing out and in on the tv i dont know but it worked fine for me

1 Like

Ok. Here is my 2 cents.

At present time if you purchased a Samsung Smart TV and you signed into the Smart Hub with your SmartThings credentials thinking you will be getting your ST functionality on the TV. You are actually creating a Samsung Connect account which you will be able to see when you will go to sign into the SmartThings IDE (Samsung account/SmartThings account.)

That is what happened to myself and a lot of people I have talked with sine New Year.
What you should do is wait until they migrate all of our accounts from SmartThings Classic accounts to the Samsung SmartThings One account and only use the ST Classic app until they tell you.
Don’t start using the other SmartThings apps already available from the App Stores on our phones.
When you get a migration alert banner in your ST Classic app, and it is completed; only then will you be able to log into your Samsung SmartThings One app and have your TV show up a long side of your other devices.

This was told to be by the SmartThings phone support staff and a few others on the other threads.

this link github not work… any news about integration Samsung Hu7500 (2014) on SmartThings?
Thanks a lot

Yes, the pages were deleted as they were somewhat unofficial and also very old code, in fact after some troubleshooting with SmartThings, we discovered the code was actually causing my V2 hub to reboot on certain actions and was also generating hundreds of log alerts in their cloud if I remember correctly.

I wouldn’t provide the code now even if I still had it.