Samsung tv has lost Smartthings connection ( Resolved 17/05/18 )

I think so as well. Which is a bit stupid as WebCore worked with my TV. Now it won’t.
Also the connect app is supposed to be able to show it devices on the Alex app.
But the connect app tells me to update my TV firmware for it to show in connect! bloody stupid idea.

ST/Samsung are actively working to restore functionality in the ST app.

4 Likes

Thanks that’s good to hear!

Would love to know if the eventual working st version of the connect tv controller will have the same options and functionally

My connect Tv controller 1.0.0.-251 is a pretty good piece of software that is fully functional and feature packed, if the st version is anything as good it will be worth the wait

Right then.

I called Samsung TV UK support 5 times yesterday. With on call lasting 1h 38m :frowning:

Every single one of them reset my TV for what reason I don’t know.
But at the end of each call I talk to a supervisor who said “It’s a ST problem not the TV side” And told me he would put me through to them.

I hanged on for 10 mins and he came back with "sorry you can’t talk to ST support UK, you will have to email them"
I did tell him I have emailed them and they said it’s not them but could be both at fault.
then called the UK based TV support who also said it was a ST problem.

And he could find no info of any team working on a fix.

Just WTF is going on?

Maybe this will help

I can see and control the TV using Samsung Connect app…

Saw this on my Google News feed this morning, not that it means anything. Leaving this issue lingering out there with conflicting and non-committal information is going to generate this kind of “reporting” which tarnishes the brand.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/12/samsung-discontinues-smart-tv-integration-smartthings.html

1 Like

Unsurprising that the report was outdated and not researched properly… non the less Samsung only have themselves to blame for there poor implementation of a new standard

So who is telling the truth?

ST have said here, that both samsung and smartthings are working on a fix for this problem.

Can anyone from ST tell us the truth please?

Probably not, its called NDA.

NDA about What?

They took away the Smartthings extend. Which did work before updated the firmware to stop both the extend and
being able to use Alexa to work with the Tv’s.

They also took away WebCore on the Samsung Tv’s. Which was awesome. I can see a lot of court cases next year.

That article is coming directly from comments that I made in a post earlier. It’s not direct quotes but it references everything I wrote about the firmware updates and even the model number of my TV. Lol

That was from back in October. The link to join the beta is dead. The control of the TV through the connect app is via Bluetooth. Nothing to do with control via smartthings.

I can confirm that is not via Bluetooth…I have it off and still can control it via the app.
There is also a note saying that next year they should provide an update on merging accounts.

Just had a email from UK support and they say that we won’t be able to see the TV as a thing.
What a load of goolies

Yup i can also confirm the connect Tv control is not via Bluetooth. I tested by switching off Bt on my phone and then remembered the Tv does not even support Bt hahaha…

what, so never?

I got this from support today, so it sounds like they are looking in to it.

“Recently a firmware update did go out to some 2016 Samsung TVs that enabled OCF connection. At this moment, the SmartThings app currently doesn’t support this functionality. However, not to worry, our SmartThings engineers are working together with Samsung engineers to look into solutions for this.”

Not sure when it will be fixed, or if it becomes to difficult for either side to fix.

1 Like

That’s what they in the US are saying.

https://www.tizenexperts.com/2017/12/samsungs-smart-tv-will-no-longer-support-smartthings/

They’re just copying what they read in forum posts and putting it in their online articles. I wouldn’t put much value into them