Samsung R1 can't connect to wifi!

Hello everyone. Please help. My Samsung R1 can’t detect or connect to wifi.

My router is working fine. My Samsung S8 is on the same network. I have downloaded Multiroom app. The R1 status is ‘ready to connect’ but nothing is happening.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Does your router have 2.4 GHz enabled? Is the mobile device with the app you are using to set up the R1 speaker set to the same 2.4 ssid? Have you tried resetting the R1 speaker? If you have tried all these, you may want to contact Samsung support or post on the Samsung product forum.

My router is 2.4 GHz enabled. It is also 5 GHz enabled. I tried disabling 5 GHz but it is futile.

My mobile device is connected to 2.4 GHz.

And I have also tried resetting the R1 speaker.

Hmm. Is there really no other solutions?

You may find better answers on the Samsung forum for their products…
https://us.community.samsung.com/

I remember that the first time I tried to connect my R1s I had some trouble, too and had to reset them a number of times before it worked… They sound really good for the price but are a bit of a pain to connect.

I disconnected my Samsung wireless speakers for a month due to house remodeling and I have being trying to connect them for about a week. New router, new service, new passwords, etc. I was going crazy. I try basically everything and then I realized I was trying the connection with my apple devices and these running with the latest IOS 13. I found an old IPAD running IOS 9.3.5 and bingo that was the issue. I was able to configure all the speakers It seems that the latest MULTIROOM application for Apple works great with the speakers but not to configure them from scratch.
Hope this help.

1 Like

There is an issue with ios13. I lost the WiFi to my Samsung speakers. MultiRoom couldn’t find them. Took hours to figure out this issue. I got my daughters iPad that had an older version of iOS. Loaded up MultiRoom on it in 5 minutes had my speakers back up and running on my iPad with the ios13 and latest version of the app.

I was also having issues setting up the WiFi for my speakers using an iOS 13.1.2 device. As with some of the above I have an old iPad with iOS 9.3.5 running and was able to do the configuration from that in a couple of minutes, setting up two speakers and grouping them. Now I can use the speakers from the iOS 13.1.2 device without any issues.

I can confirm, many months later this is the only known workaround for connectivity issues. I was trying to solve this for a while before I dug up an old device and presto, everything works again.

Can anyone offer what the Samsung R1 speaker wifi password is? I’m trying to keep a connection to the speaker instead of having to connect via bluetooth each time I want to use the speaker.