Samsung FlexWash SmartThings washer - no messages when complete

I just bought the Samsung FlexWash SmartThings compatible washer. This is an amazing washing machine. I love the monitoring function that allows me to see the status of a wash in both the top and the front loading washer. When it completes, I don’t get a “Message” on my 3 Samsung televisions like I do with my Samsung dishwasher (which says “Dishwasher complete”) and Samsung Double-Oven (which says “Oven Pre-heat complete”). When the Samsung washer completes, I can’t find a way to get it to “Message” like these other devices. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Try the following in the new app. Settings (cog wheel) on the too right, under the so called hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) on the top left on the main screen.
In the settings click on Notifications, not the toggle switch on the right, but on the left. Then scroll to your device, make sure it is turned on for the device with its toggle switch. If it is on , then try to turn it off, get out and back again and turn it on again.

My Samsung TV has also stopped all Smarthings messaging. I think this is TV firmware though.

Check on TV under notifications that the smartthing app service is ticked to show on the TV.

I reset my TV and now the Smartthings service does not even show…
Chat call logged to Samsung Support…

Thanks. Wasn’t aware of this menu location. It was “On” already. That wasn’t it.

The “Messages” display on my 3 Samsung tv’s for Double-Oven and Dishwasher completion and status messages - it’s only the new washing machine that doesn’t do it.

1 Like

You may also want to post your question on the Samsung forum :slight_smile: