Samotech zigbee door sensor uk

Just an update I’ve again changed the device type on the samotech contact sensor this time to zwave door/window sensor and has been working and not dropped offline for over 24hrs.
I believe this has something to do with the fact its only showing contact and battery status and isn’t showing nothing for temperature or anything else so its not getting confused when not getting any status from temperature or vibration like it would from the smartsense device type. Hopefully I’m right.

2 Likes

I’ve had mine for around three days now and it’s not dropped off at all thankfully. Easy set up and works just as quick if not faster than the SmartThings version. Will let you know if anything changes. May change mine to your device type to get rid of the temp display

Mine finally dropped off after 6-7 days (Worked upon open and closed like you said) Changed the device type to 'Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor’to see how it copes!

Mines still online been fine since my last post.

1 Like

Bit late to this but I’ve just bought the sensor you linked. Coming tomorrow so hoping to get it set up and working. How easy is it to set up with SmartThings? Plus does it come with those instructions or do I need to find some online? Thanks in advance

Instructions it comes with are for the tuya hub but basically put the device and smartthings app into pairing mode, it will be found as a thing once you’ve done that go into the ide and change the device type to zwave door sensor that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks ever so much. Will be an absolute steal at £15, plus homebridge integration. Can’t beat it

OHi, I made some changes to a controller. Can you test it?
My sensor hasn’t gone offline. But I can’t confirm it because I don’t understand much either.

What are the changes that have been made?

I changed the zone and tested it with 2 fingerprints. But my sensors sometimes appear offline.
But if I open or close the door the status goes back to normal
Since I don’t understand much, I don’t know what the reason would be.
I used 2 different sensors Zemismart and Blitzwolf

2 Likes

thanks for the clarification :grin:

1 Like

Changing the sensors to zwave door/window sensor is working for me, so far so good thank you for letting the community know

1 Like