Samotech sm314 dimmer module

Hi,
I wondering would someone be able to help me with this one. I have a samotech dimmer and its working perfectly other than not reporting “on” status when using the manual push button. It reports "off"and will report “on” when dimming with a long press but only occasionally when switching on from off.

euwest1.api.smartthings.com/user/show)**

Dimmer Zi88gbee

Save

Publish

IDE Settings

Device Type Settings

Simulator

/**

• Copyright 2015 SmartThings

• Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except

• in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed

• on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License

• for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/

metadata {

definition (name: “Dimmer Zi88gbee”, namespace: “smartthings”, author: “SmartThings”, ocfDeviceType: “oic.d.light”, runLocally: true, minHubCoreVersion: ‘000.019.00012’, executeCommandsLocally: true, genericHandler: “Zigbee”) {

capability “Actuator”

capability “Configuration”

capability “Refresh”

capability “Switch”

capability “Switch Level”

capability “Health Check”

capability “Light”

// Generic

fingerprint profileId: “0104”, deviceId: “0101”, inClusters: “0006, 0008, 0b05, 0003, 0000, 0019, 0005, 0004”, deviceJoinName: “Light” //Generic Dimmable Light

}

tiles(scale: 2) {

multiAttributeTile(name:“switch”, type: “lighting”, width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true){

tileAttribute (“device.switch”, key: “PRIMARY_CONTROL”) {

attributeState “on”, label:’${name}’, action:“switch.off”, icon:“st.switches.light.on”, backgroundColor:"#00A0DC", nextState:“turningOff”

attributeState “off”, label:’${name}’, action:“switch.on”, icon:“st.switches.light.off”, backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:“turningOn”

attributeState “turningOn”, label:’${name}’, action:“switch.off”, icon:“st.switches.light.on”, backgroundColor:"#00A0DC", nextState:“turningOff”

attributeState “turningOff”, label:’${name}’, action:“switch.on”, icon:“st.switches.light.off”, backgroundColor:"#ffffff", nextState:“turningOn”

}

tileAttribute (“device.level”, key: “SLIDER_CONTROL”) {

attributeState “level”, action:“switch level.setLevel”

}

}

standardTile(“refresh”, “device.refresh”, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: “flat”, width: 2, height: 2) {

state “default”, label:"", action:“refresh.refresh”, icon:“st.secondary.refresh”

}

main “switch”

details([“switch”, “refresh”])

}

}

// Parse incoming device messages to generate events

def parse(String description) {

log.debug “description is $description”

def event = zigbee.getEvent(description)

if (event) {

if (event.name==“level” && event.value==0) {}

else {

sendEvent(event)

}

} else {

def descMap = zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap(description)

if (descMap && descMap.clusterInt == 0x0006 && descMap.commandInt == 0x0) {

if (descMap.data[0] == “00”) {

log.debug "ON/OFF REPORTING CONFIG RESPONSE: " + cluster

sendEvent(name: “checkInterval”, value: 60 * 12, displayed: false, data: [protocol: “zigbee”, hubHardwareId: device.hub.hardwareID])

It is a bit hard to read the handler as posted, but I would be a bit worried about including the bits I’ve bolded above in a custom handler unless you know that the standard handlers in the firmware are going to work for you. Not saying that is the cause of any woes but for me they create uncertainty.

Thanks for the reply it is just the standard dimmer Zigbee handler, I only edited the devices down to one in case there was any conflict with the other fingerprints. I’m not a developer and only have basic coding skills but I can’t really see any issue with the handler and am kind of at a loss where to go with it.

Hi, I edited the handler as you suggested removing

" runLocally: true, minHubCoreVersion: ‘000.019.00012’, executeCommandsLocally: true, genericHandler: “Zigbee”** )"

and it is functioning the same it reports “on” only when changing dim level and reports the" off" status fine and it functions perfectly through the smartthings app .