Rule Machine Version 1.9 Released

Please write to support.

Yuuuup! But we are SOL. I tried every other app I have stock and non, and all seem to be responding. @bravenel any chance that something went wrong with your last update to the child? It seems like it was working before I ran 1.9.0d. It could be just a coincidence

I can get into smarttiles existing panels either.

Not a chance. Android could Create New Rule for me earlier this morning, but not now. The update was working fine last night for everyone. This is some new weirdness this morning. Please report it to support.

Besides, the creation of a new Rule doesn’t really have anything to do with Rule per se.

1 Like

Think it’s helpful to send the crash report via Android as well? ST maybe gets more useful info with the system logs on the phones?

Yeah, concur. I even tried installing a new “official” but non-locally-running smartapp (“Lighting Director”), but it installed and worked fine. I really don’t see much hope of getting past Support’s pet excuse of “custom smartapps not supported.” :confounded:

@slagle, @jody.albritton: Any suggestions??

You have to report it to support anyway. It’s the only hope of getting attention. Seriously.

I don’t either, but just did it because @bravenel asked, otherwise 
I would not have :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

Ditto, reported, same issue. Opening Rule Machine crashes on my Android device. =(

Same here - ticket #202590 :hourglass_flowing_sand:

The code that is failing in in Rule Machine, not in Rule.

Just opening RM does it?

It crashes when i pick to “create new rule”, I can edit existing rules.

I just tried to send a report through the smartthings app but there isn’t a button to send the report.
I can type in my message and that is it! I could have sworn there was a send button, wasn’t there?

Alexa helper is doing the same thing.

1 Like

@bravenel 
just chatted with support and the rep said that they “are not aware of new issues beside SHM, but he’ll be looking into it
”

They are about to be very aware of it, as every parent-child app is failing when attempting to create new child.

2 Likes

Well smart lighting works
 But using the word works is kind of reaching

Oh yeah, @Mike_Maxwell 's Keennect is in the same boat

It’s all Community parent-child apps.

1 Like