Rule Machine Version 1.9 Released

Hi all.
I have just updated rule machine and rules to 1.9.0.
Since doing so I can amend my existing rules but cannot define a new one. It does nothing for a few seconds then crashes out.
Is there a bug in the new release or have I updated incorrectly.
I manually updated as for some reason I get no option to integrate github on my uk v2 hub.

No, there is a new problem with the platform this morning. No child apps can be created in any of the Community SmartApps for the past hour or so. ST is looking into it.

Thanks and sorry to hassle you.
Just realised when I read the previous posts.

Note to self - Look first before firing off questions. :wink:

1 Like

Survey question from 3 months ago: What is your number one issue with SmartThings?

Me: undocumented platform changes breaking existing features.

We may not have Reliability, but we do have consistency. Unfortunately. :confounded:

5 Likes

This morning, I saw this on iOS, and went straight to Android, which worked. 10 minutes later, Android no longer worked.

[quote=“bravenel, post:62, topic:43204”]
They know about it now. [/quote]
You’re right about that. @johnconstantelo just reported ticket #202645 over in the other thread. That’s roughly 1 new ticket per minute for the last hour.

Yes, as in… every holiday weekend something :poop: the bed in the ST platform.

1 Like

What puzzles me beyond the lack of elementary development discipline, is the lack of undoing the wrong doing in a timely manner.

1 Like

I don’t think they even know what they did… though I think the first line from @ahndee 's trace is telling:
ERROR Element didn't have a installedAppId or appId/appVersionId

2 Likes

and the answer is… 3 hours! :smile:
Also received an acknowledgment from an actual person in support re my ticket.

1 Like

You have to agree, that this is definitely a new record! Three hours from this:

To this…

Is unheard of in ST world…and to get a response from a person in the same time frame!!!

I give them crap all the time, but this is pretty impressive. Now let’s see how long it takes to resolve it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“keep calm and plow on” may be their motto… don’t worry about the carnage to either side of the road, and as long as there are a subset of users lucky enough to be pushed along with the ST “progress plow” where some things function, their status page will reflect their vision colored by their rose-tinted goggles…

I agree… and I was especially not setting my expectations high when you reported that your chat exchange with support indicated they were not aware of any issues other than with SHM.

2 Likes

WHAT IS HAPPENING MY LIFE IS ON FIRE!!!???
Really what is going on @slagle is this the end?

Hope they get this fixed. I’ve moved everything that I could over to Rule Machine, because the built in stuff was not working correctly. The fact the service has been so up and down lately should be embarrassing to them and Samsung. Samsung’s new tv’s having this built in will be a great selling point, until they just read a few posts here.

I picked a bad time to try and learn RM and Alexa Helper. Crap. Like I mentioned in another thread, trouble shooting is hard when you don’t know if its your ST skills or the ST Cloud.

Hell no, is just the begining!

So, I am unable to create a new rule while in the rule machine App, not sure whats going on. I press it and the status wheel comes up then nothing.

Same here. New ST feature.

1 Like

Damn, was just about to fix something in my setup…

Figured maybe it was my version of RM, so I updated, then when that didn’t work I found this. Doh!

It was a work around anyways, so maybe you all can let me know if I don’t need to be doing this…

I have a rule that simply runs a routine (SHM arms the home) when another routine runs (garage door closes based on a keypad input). I want to delay the arming of the house, so that the sensor has time to realize the garage door is closed. I tried using the “delay these actions” feature of RM, but it didn’t seem to apply to delaying the running of a routine…is that correct? Do I need to do to make this “action” occur via a virtual button so that it will actually delay as intended?

Has there been an announcement somewhere that I missed? I can successfully create a new rule now.