Rule Machine Version 1.7 Released

Apparently so does SmartThinbgs. Have you noticed that depending on what part of the IDE you’re in, time might be reported in UTC, local, or zulu time?

Yes, I have noticed that. REALLY nice software work there, for sure.

1 Like

@bravenel

I have to tell you, I love the Private Boolean. I don’t remember who requested it of you (I’m too lazy to look for it) but thanks to that person too!

I found my first use for it, though I have not implemented it yet (being lazy again cause i have to go in and change like 6 rules for this one thing)

But, my has a rocker in the babies room where she goes to do her motherly deeds. I got my Aeon Power switches in the mail today, and I’m super stoked that they report power usage!

So, I plugged in her pump and now when it comes on, the power draw goes up, the rule truth changes and the virtual switch turns on that halts all of the rooms light automations. When the pump goes off it turns off the VS and then one minute later it runs my Rule Refresh Rule to kickstart the halted rules. It works like a charm.

But, I’m going to get rid of the VS “Master Bedroom Override” and use the private boolean here!

I’d say one less device, but I will probably keep it just to have a redundancy built into the super stable system.

But, hey… I found a use for it!

I am having the same problem where the delayed action won’t populate or work.

This bug was identified and fixed earlier today. Get the latest from Github: https://github.com/bravenel/Rule-Trigger/blob/master/smartapps/bravenel/rule.src/rule.groovy. Save and Publish for me.

Beware that Android mobile app is failing right now for Rule Machine.

Worked perfect, thanks. I checked the github before I posted, but the version number is the same as what I put in there yesterday so I didn’t realize it had changed.
Thank you for all of your hard work.

1 Like

Just had a rule triggering over and over for motion outside, which there was none… got error going into the rule, so I removed the rule in the IDE. Now I can’t create a new rule… getting the wonderful… “Sorry, but there was an unexpected error.” Platform issues again @bravenel ? I’m on 1.7.10d

Android app has been down since yesterday afternoon.

ok thx… this just started happening this morning…

Plus I’m still on 2.0.6 Android version… too many issues still… :confounded:

Hope there are more like me out there… My personal device is Android… My work phone is Apple. Ios is working ok. You’d think Samsung would kill the competition, not their own devices!

2 Likes

It’s almost like they’re pushing some HomeKit integration that doesn’t exist where Apple requires the iOS app to work better than Android for them to have it.

ST has always been iOS centric long before Samsung acquired them. But that doesn’t make it less laughable that they couldn’t re-establish Android functionality in more than 14 hours

1 Like

Windows users have been waiting 14 days

3 Likes

What is a Windows user in the ST context? Do you mean people that have the ST Android app running in Chrome browser on their Windows desktop or something?

p.s. I’m using Windows to get to the IDE, etc, and it’s fine (or is it?).

Windows Phone…

Doh! of course. Thanks :slight_smile:

I will say without all these Android users in the system right now my IOS is fast and great. I think this is the first day since V2.0.8 came out that it doesnt crash every 20 seconds

Not “all” - I never had a problem (other than the obvious, long-standing ones).

1 Like

OK Ok with the reduced number of users how about that… :slight_smile: