Rule Machine Version 1.7 Released

Doh! of course. Thanks :slight_smile:

I will say without all these Android users in the system right now my IOS is fast and great. I think this is the first day since V2.0.8 came out that it doesnt crash every 20 seconds

Not “all” - I never had a problem (other than the obvious, long-standing ones).

1 Like

OK Ok with the reduced number of users how about that… :slight_smile:

It’s like a system admin’s favorite solution to performance issues: make the experience so bad that no one uses the system. Voila! The system performs well again. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

FYI…

My Android app is not down, but I have been unable to modify smartapps. I guess I’ll just wait. I almost rebuilt a few rules from scratch, but that would drive me crazy.

Still doesn’t explain why some of my Rules are not firing. Before the app died, I had gone into a few and clicked Done. Those continue to work, but the rest are flaky.

That doesn’t work either. BTW, you can go into the IDE / My Locations / List SmartApps, and click on Update next to any Rule. That’s the same has opening the Rule and hitting Done.

Actually, that’s what caused them all to break in the first place. For whatever reason, Update vs Done seems to have a different effect on my end. I’ve tried updating my Mode-changing Rules a few times over the last 48 hours and still no dice. Some of my rules continue to work as expected, but it seems that a majority are barfed up right now.

Sorry, but they do exactly the same thing.

Then it’s pure, unfortunate coincidence. :confused:

It’s the ST platform not up to snuff… Major issues these days…

Major issues???

More like life time subscriptions

About 1 in 20 times now a light or fan fails to turn off after a delay. Those are all runIn(minutes) calls. Incredible.

Wow, you are lucky!!!

1 Like

Android problem is resolved now.

1 Like

Bwahahaha! Now rule machine has comedy relief!

1 Like

@bravenel Any way to have NOT during a certain time as a condition? Easy to implement?

Can someone help me correct this rule?

I am trying to get a text notification when my garage door has been left open for 15 minutes. This rule sends the text after 15 minutes regardless of how long the door has been open.

I’m using an Ecolink Door/window sensor, labeled BT Garage Door Sensor.
iphone 6 with ios 9.2.1 and the most recent version of the ST app.

What I would really like to do is have the rule trigger the Linear FS20Z relay that has been connected to the door opener if I forget to close the door.
I’m using the text message first as a test of the rule.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think you have to remove the trigger event.