Rule Machine Feature Requests

This would be great also for motion sensors that are stuck showing motion!

1 Like

@craig has one he is working on here. The latest is keeping a time of the last report and should notify if it goes to long but mine have not locked up yet so I cant sat if it send the notification

Speaking of that, does anyone know a good way to ā€˜unstickā€™ these, other than physically cause them to show motion again, thereby resetting the bad values in the ST Cloud?

Pop the battery, put it back in.

Sorry, this is way beyond the scope of Rule Machine.

Ugh, I was hoping for a ā€˜programmaticā€™ solutionā€¦ :frowning: Some of these sensors are in harder to reach spots without laddersā€¦

1 Like

Bruce. I would love to see the rules/triggers/actionsā€¦ identified uniquely from one another. In other words color code them or something so itā€™s easy to tell which is which w/o opening each one up to see what it is

Thoughts
Rick

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing that can be done about how the Rules are displayed in Rule Machine. That list is out of my hands.

adjust your names

T-(rule name) for triggers
C- for condition
etc

Thanks Bruce, it was just a thought

Yes Matt, easy solution just not as sexy :slightly_smiling:
Rick

1 Like

The new stelpro baseboard thermostat has an ā€œecoā€ and ā€œcomfortā€ mode. Could these be integrated into thermostat mode options.

Assuming you are talking about setting it to those modes, itā€™s simple, just use a custom command. Follow the instructions in the Rule Machine User Guide. Use your thermostat as the device to.

If you are talking about Thermostat Mode as a condition, that wonā€™t work.

Great, thanks for the reply.

Bruce,

How about when selecting the action " set color for these bulbs," have an option be "random color? Instead picking one of the seven (or so) options?

I would really like to see this. Any chance?

Iā€™ll look at it. You can set any color you want with Custom Color.

Thanks. I would very much appreciate it!

Care to share your use case?

Currently, I have led strips on top of my kitchen cabinets. They come on at 20% each day at sunset. Iā€™d like a little spice with the random idea. Same with some strips on the back of my tv. They come on when any harmony activity is running.

Also I can see setting a virtual device to trigger on my lifx bulbs at a random color and having that vs turn off automatically after 3 seconds. And then back on for a party atmosphere.

Hi Bruce first off let me start by saying thank you for making rule machine, as an IT professional I understand the time you have put into this Smart App.

With that said I have what I hope to be a small request, Would you be able to add an enable/disable button to all rules, triggers, & actions? This would allow us the ability to disable each individually, without deleting them or affecting correctly working commands. And as Iā€™m sure you know some of these can be extremely complex.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

That isnā€™t really possible. There are a number of solutions however.

One is, create a mode that you never use. Restrict a rule to that mode to disable it. Remove the restriction to
re-enable.

Another is to use the private Boolean, and Enable/Disable with private Boolean; for this, some other rule does the disabling / re-enabling.

A third is to us a disable virtual switch, and the Disable with switch option.