Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

First I would like to thank the developer of rule matching. Your software has revolutionized my home.

I have a feature request.
Is it possible to add a condition to triggers and condition that a temperature sensor is <,>,=>,<= from another temp sensor +or - a set number of degrees. The addition would be to be able to compare two temp sensors plus or minus a set or conditional number of degrees.

My use case
I have have 8 smart vents from keen and use a script to automate opening and closing based on room temp differences. I would like to setup offsets between rooms based on thermostat set points and room temps. Many times at night I want to add an intentional 5 or 8 degree offset between rooms.

Thanks.

Brian

2 Likes

I’ve thought this is needed for a while. I will take a look at it. I realize the comparison to another device really needs an offset. Stay tuned…

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing your script, I am getting 5 of them tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m so jealous! Inn trying to talk my wife into these… I only need five.

Here is how I did it (I pulled the “oh honey I am too tired to climb the ladder tonight, sorry if it will be too hot. If I had the keen vents, you wouldn’t be cooking tonight”)

1 Like

1 Like

New Version 1.6.11

This version adds the ability to select an offset when making a comparison to another device. Comparisons are provided for these capabilities:

temperature
humidity
illuminance
dimmer level
energy meter
power meter
battery

As usual, Rule github: https://github.com/bravenel/Rule-Trigger/blob/master/smartapps/bravenel/rule.src/rule.groovy, just save, don’t publish.

@Briansailing, please test this for me and report back.

Here is an example that I can use to cool my garage in the summer:

5 Likes

Is anyone else unable to change the " Delay These Actions" minute value? I setup the delay initially for 10 minutes, but now realize I would prefer 3 minutes. However, when I press done it reverts back to 10.

I will try this evening

Is there debug logs that I can look at for rule conditions and the evaluation? I have an Iris motion sensor and a CT101 thermostat. If I open the motion sensor it says the temperature is 64, if I open the thermostat it says 67.5. I created a rule with condition Temperature of motion sensor < thermostat and it is showing false. I changed it to temperature of motion sensor > thermostat and it shows true. Is there logs somewhere for rule machine that I can check to see what RM is seeing for there temperature?

Was testing the inverse of the condition I had and noticed that it was reporting true for both of these conditions.

And using < gets the same results

Can you look at the bottom of the main page of Rule Machine and see what versions it is showing there?

Version 1.6.5/1.6.11

I take it back, I am able to reproduce this. A bug. I will look at this and get back to you. Indeed, one of the comparisons is failing. Probably something I did last night in the 1.6.11 update.

I mean that the individual bulb controls work just fine. I can dim each of the lights by using their associated controls, but when they are tracking the virtual switch that doesn’t seem to work. The virtual switch will turn them on and off, but not dim.

I’m sorry for pushing, but do you mean that you can dim them using the mobile app, by opening the device details, and moving the slider?

@bravenel I think you covered this already but I wanted to double check.

I was running an older (much older) version off Rule and Rule Machine. There is a new feature I need to use that is in the most current version.

I copied and pasted both and pushed Rule Machine via the IDE.

I went into Rule Machine and was looking for the new feature but its not there.

Do I need to delete all of my existing rules and start over for the feature to show up?

Exactly that, yes, as long as it’s the individual device and not the virtual dimmer.

No, you shouldn’t have to delete anything. What is the feature you are looking for?