Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

If the lamp was at one time selected in the rule, you might try to restore the rule to the point where the lamp is part of the rule, and then see if you can remove the rule when it’s been restored.

Hi all -
I accidentally removed the trigger from a conditional rule which made it become a rule. How do I add the trigger back to it? In previous versions of RM those options were always there.

Thanks!!!

Having neutered it, so to speak, now you must put it out of its misery and Remove it.

Then, start over with a Conditional Trigger.

3 Likes

Sorry, if i missed in one of the updates, but I’m unable to find the evaluate rule after a delay…

Has been deprecated?

Thanks!

No it’s still there! You will find it under actions true/false.

Very odd, I have realized I miss a lot other options… Run Rules Actions, Update Rules, Evaluate Rules, etc…

I have just updated to the last version available, and I don’t see them…

PS: I have another hub, and in that one (using the same versions), I actually see those options…

That is odd Maybe Bruce can help you cause I’m stumped.

do not check
smartapps/bravenel/RuleMachine.png
smartapps/bravenel/RuleMachine@2x.png

check just other two

Has anyone notice that sometimes when changing modes from within actions, they don’t take affect fully. The ST app will show I am in the new mode, but rules that use the new mode do not fire. Almost as if ST still thinks you are in the previous mode.

I have changed to using routines in actions for mode changes because of this.

Are these rules that have mode as a Condition?

Version 1.7.16 Released

Set private Boolean with delay is now cancellable. Restore can now be delayed, with cancel option.

See this post:

2 Likes

For one of the rules, yes. I have night mode in codition and switching to Sleep mode in action. However, I have one rule to enable Home mode and there is no mode in the condition and the action sometimes does not switch to home correctly.

So are there two different things going on?

1. The rule that sets Home mode doesn’t set the mode “sometimes”?
  2. A rule with mode as a condition is not firing when the mode is set to one of that condition’s modes?

It would be helpful if you showed screenshots of these two rules. Also, it would be helpful to capture in the logs more information about 1 and 2.

Here is the change to home mode rule for example. It fires every day. However, sometimes ST app will show me being in Home mode (notification shows same thing), but my other rule to control the light based on me being in home does not fire. If I run my routine to put me in Home mode, ST will state it switched me to Home mode and my RM light rule will now work.

I will try to get logs next time this happens.

FYI - I have just since changed the actions to use my routines instead of the mode action. That’s why routine is in the screenshot below.

OK, well testing this one is pointless since it doesn’t set a mode.

I hope you realize that there is contradiction somewhere, and it probably doesn’t have anything to do with Rule Machine. It is not possible for the mobile app to display Home mode, if a rule just changed the mode to Home from something else, and for that not to be the mode. So there is some other issue that hasn’t been revealed.

1 Like

Bruce your killing me with these updates! Don’t get me wrong keep them coming I’m like a kid in the candy store, it’s just everytime you introduce a new option I have to tweek a lot of rules because you provided a better way of doing things. Lol Good job & as always Thank you I understand the amount of time required.

No am having an issue and maybe it is too complex for rule machine. I had to trash rule machine because the expert mode cause an authorization error that I can’t reproduce. However when I am reentering my rules I have been cleaning them up. And been trying this rule.

When the Door opens and closes it works beautifully, however when I turn my light on and the door close the light doesn’t turn off. If I refresh it, it still doesn’t turn off. What am I doing wrong.

Are you just trying to get your closet light to turn on or off when the door opens?

Just go condition: closet door sensor open true
True: closet light on
False closet light off

thats what I thought - alternatively you may need a trigger for light on and sensor closes …

Algebraically, your rule reduces to just Closet Open. The Closet On condition shouldn’t be doing anything, so I’m not sure why it is not working, but I’d start by removing that condition. Were you trying to do something more complex and got the logic wrong in the rule statement?