Rule machine - as per the app developer, this app is no longer available for new installs, distribution, or support

after the error is displayed. If you click the check box and then press done the number also reapers without a warning.

If I try and change the value to a new number it also goes back to the previous number. I am unable to change the stored value at all. Sounds like a platform error and I will need to rebuild the rules.

Before you do that, reload the source for Rule from Github, then save and publish for me. Could be that your copy of Rule is corrupted.

You still haven’t shown the exact sequence of events that results in an error being displayed. Show the detailed steps, show the screenshots like I did above.

Are you hitting Done on the upper right corner before you hit Done on the keypad? If I do that I get an error.

I am working to upload some images.

I followed your steps and for false actions I can change the values, for true, select the x box and then done on the bottom and the previous number returns. If I select the top done I receive the error.

Tried reloading the rules however no effect.

These are the two steps you’re taking? Shown below?

your correct and it works on the false actions and had previously worked before the latest version update.

So at which point in the 3 steps does the error appear:

When you hit the little x (first image above)
When you hit Done on the keypad (second image above)
When you hit Done in the upper right corner

Done in the upper right corner

And before you hit Done in the upper right corner, does it look like this?

no it stays on this page

Thanks Bruce, is there a better way to schedule by time of day/day of week etc ? Just wondering if I’m missing a trick or just hitting the platform wall that there is no way around ? Was even thinking maybe if I pull your rule through HomeBridge into HomeKit and try and use HomeKit to run the time component and yours to trigger the really cool logic ?

But you haven’t hit Done on the keypad yet in that screenshot. In mine above, it shows what it looks like after hitting Done on the keypad, before hitting Done on the page. If you hit Done on the page you showed (upper right corner Done), that will throw an error.

So what does it look like after you hit Done on the keypad?

When I hit done it goes back to the number I had previously entered. No change on the screen.

I have the same problem and I will detail the steps here to try to remove the Delay. I am on the latest apps, both updated about 3 hours ago. I am also on Android.
This is the “Select Actions for True” section. Right now it shows:

Delay by 5 minutes
Pending Off: Dining Room Light: 3 minutes

I want to remove the “Delay by 5 minutes”

I click on "Selection Actions for True"
I click on “Delay These Actions”
“Minutes of delay” is 5
I click X, it removes entry on "Minutes of delay"
I click “Done” on the keypad
I click “Done” in the current window
And in “Delay These Actions” it shows “Delay by 5 minutes”

Results are always the same, never mind how many times I try.

Hi. One question about Github integration. I got it all done except when I press update from repo and rule trigger master a new screen pops up. On the left hand side under obsolete it has 2 of the rule apps listed and the checkbox is checked for both. On the right hand side it says New (only in Github) and it shows the following 2 items with checkbox that are NOT checked. Do I need to check these before I hit Public and Execute?

smartapps/bravenel/RuleMachine.png

smartapps/bravenel/RuleMachine@2x.png

I have looked all over the IDE but cant seem to find settings here in the UK - is there a difference to the IDEs ?

On Android there is a completely different issue, as explained in the documentation:

So, the question is, did you go back in to see if it’s actually still there or not? The display is misleading on Android, thanks to ST bug. When I do this on Android, the first time the display still shows the delay, but going back in shows that it was removed. Then coming back out the second time, it’s gone.

You must first enable the Github integration.